Oh the joy

I didn't feel tingles, I didn't feel sparks, I felt fireworks shaking my small figure, his lips are the gift of heaven, soft, tender, yet powerful. They taste like mint with slight hint of salt. I was taken aback by his kiss, but it felt like I was running forward, and that there was a wall ahead of me, and I wanted to crush it down.

Then I felt it, the surge of energy rushing through my veins, I felt odd in my own skin. It was strangely familiar, just like the one I felt when- "No!" I scream as I push Luke away.

"Are you okay?" I ask in panic, feeling his face, his arms and his chest, trying to get a trace of gold on his skin. Fortunately, I find nothing. My eyes run over him, panicked, and his remain fixated on my face. They're nearly expressionless.

I keep my hands on the muscles of his arms, it just feels good to leave them there, it feels right. And there's the trauma of the kiss to hide the reason why I want to stay close to him. He just stares at me, and his eyes finally wear an expression, something that resembles awe.

I look up at him, standing too close to him and probably bursting through his personal bubble rudely, but i don't care at the moment. I whisper the question one more time, thoroughly frightened by now.
"Are you okay?" Maybe the gold grew on the inside, maybe he's a mute now, maybe its eating up his lungs. I lose whatever control I had over my body and I just drop my entire weight on him, feeling both dizzy and nauseous.

"I'm fine." He says, breathing with difficulty. With my entire fase leaning helplessly agains his chest, I feel his body tensing slightly, like he wants to add more, maybe ask me stuff, but it seems that he knows I wont have the strength to answer. He half carries my to the leather chair opposing to the one Venice is sleeping on right now.

I collapse on it and clench my fists on the arms of the chair so that I can stop then from seeking comfort in Luke. I also try to divert my eyes from his pretty shocked face. I stare out his window, let him collect himself, I'll do the same. The night is this ink like blue, and the clouds suffocate the moon so that it resembles this cheap flash light you get with your happy meal. The trees look like they just been coated with a thick layer of wax.

It's a bizarre yet beautiful night.
Venice is sleeping calmly.
I almost killed my mate.

"Why did you do this to me?" The question spurs out of my mouth before i even consider it , a dark aura of hatred takes over me.

Well now I'm confused and hurt and happy and deluded and way too attracted to my mate. So many emotions. Too many. A kiss should leave one feeling so much, but not like this.

"Where are we?" Venice asks suddenly, rubbing her eyes and cheeks. I don't even look at her, and i keep staring at him.

Luke doesn't talk at all.

"Doesnt matter. We are leaving now honey." I respond with a tense voice and she notices that something's up. i carry the bag then secure her between my arms.

"No you are not." Luke commands spilling out his first words since his 'I'm fine. He says them using his Alpha tone. I fight the urge to roll my eyes.

"Yes.We.Are" I reply. If he wanted to play bossy, I will too.

I yank the door open and storm out. I still can't believe the amount of damage I would've caused if this kiss just lasted a bit longer, my mate would be dead, frozen into gold, Will would find his Alpha dead, and they'd know it's me, they'll either kill me, or worse, send me back to my old pack. What will become of this pack then? And Venice? And me?

I need to keep Luke safe, and alive and well, despite his rudeness. He deserves someone that won't turn him into a freaking gold nugget when he pisses her off. That 'someone' is definitely not me. We'll all be okay once I'm far far away from here.

It's late by now, there's barely anyone outside going around the area, I don't see Will anywhere, but that's fine.

I make effort to compose my features into an unchanging mask, during my furious walk. Although I tried, it looks just like I feel. Terrible and angry.

And when I finally make it to some open door that'll most likely lead me outside, I see Luke, blocking my path. How did he get here so quickly?
"Please, you have to stay. You are both tired and weak, I won't repeat what I've done." Luke pleads.
"Come on Cinnyris, you still have the kid with you, your old pack will be looking out for you, you hardly have anything on you! This isn't a game of stubbornness, stay for a while, get better, and then leave. I won't hold you back if that's what you really want." He adds and I eye him, if there's a chance to stay here and act civil until I finally have the strength to leave... I wouldn't mind that so much. he has a point. I am tired and so is Venice, and to be honest, I have no idea where we are heading to. My eyes engage his grey ones and I sigh. I think I found my other weakness.

Wait, I was just considering changing him into the next Lincoln memorial, what the hell happened?

It's like I'm hypnotized, like I can't say no. I keep looking at him, the word okay is on the tip of my tongue, but i don't say it yet.

I look at the floor to keep myself from looking at his beautiful features and i hold my breath to restrain his scent then I think it over. I really must stay, I can't leave without rejecting him. If I don't , I'll ruin his life without even being a part of it.

"Fine." I respond in defeat. His face brightens up and he gives me a heartwarming smile, on other circumstances, I would've definitely smiled back, but not today, not after all of this.

"Can you take us to our room, please?" I ask, exhaustion creeping on my tone. I thought that going to see the Alpha meant a few lies and a nice 'welcome to our territory you poor things, we sure feel bad for you' meal and then we go. Not a mate. Oh god, my mate... What am I to do with him now.

"Of course, follow me." He answers, then walks us to our rooms. I sigh acknowledging the long walk ahead of me, screw it all, i just want a bed. It took us like ten minutes to make it to our rooms. He takes us to a hallway with six bedrooms. "The two on the right are yours, mine is right in front of yours, Cinnyris. So if you need anything you could ask me." He says, looking pleased with himself.
"Why do you sleep so far from everything?" I ask, my eyes squinted and my throat is somewhat hoarse.
A smirk takes over his face "There are shortcuts."  He responds. And he didn't takes us back through them because he doesn't want us to run Scarlet concludes.

As a stand before him, i realize that I want to tell him stuff, like we can't work this out, like, your hot, like how much I want to have them but I can't, like maybe if he let me go he'll find someone better than me, like how perfectly bizarre and good my first kiss was, and how good it was to share it with him.

"goodnight." I murmur as I walk into my room,I throw the bag on the floor then shut the door with a small apologetic smile.
"Night!" He responds, voice muffled by the door, my smile widens a bit.

I place Venice on the king sized bed next to me because I don't want her to sleep alone. I will finish that rejection tomorrow and leave, for good. But during my half asleep but half awake state, all I can think about is his face, and eyes, his muscles, his kiss, his smile, and how much I need to pee.

So I slowly tiptoe my way to the bathroom and pee the living lights out of me then I wash my face and neck and arms and basically just, half shower all over the sink. I finally head back to bed and when I do, I collapse on the bed. He is still on my mind.

chapter 4, yaaaay!!

I think I will finish Chapter 5 today, so until then.

~Sun-Bird