Chapter 7: A Bit of Randomness

>Aleksi<

Elise was a pretty fun buddy. She joked a lot.

"Well, since you know about my family, how about you tell me about yours?" Elise said as we were walking down Route 4.

"Well,  I belong to a really rich family in Vaniville Town." Soleil replied.

"But there aren't... Hold up. You're a CAVENAUGH!?!?!?!?" Elise screeched.

"Uh... Yeah?" Soleil said, staring at me.

"Awesomesause! You're really a Canvenaugh!" Elise squealed.

"It's not really that big of a deal." Soleil said hastily.

"Oh. Oh hey look, a Fletchinder!" Elise pointed at a red bird pecking the ground.

"That's mine." I pulled out a red PokéBall and Dusk leaped forwards. The Fletchinder looked up.

"Dusk, Quick Attack! But, not too much..." I grinned. Dusk leapt up and landed on the Fletchinder, leaving a glowing white trail of light behind him before leaping back.

Amazingly, the Fletchinder was hanging on, but only by a thread. I smirked.

"Go, PokéBall!" I flung the PokéBall at the Fletchinder, and it encased the Pokémon in blue light as it was sucked into the ball. The ball rocked once, twice, three times, then went still.

"Yes!" I pumped my fist into the air, then picked up the PokéBall.

"Fletchinder, come on out!" The small bird appeared in a flash of white light.

"Fletchinder!"

"I'll name you... Flame! Here, walk out of the PokéBall for a while." I said and we set off again.

As we went along, we ran into a Ralts and a Skitty. Soleil accidentaly knocked out the Ralts, but after leaving behind a few Oran Berries for the Ralts, she caught the Skitty.

"So, what about your family?" Elise asked me.

I stiffened up.

"NOT A GOOD IDEA!" Soleil whisper-yelled into Elise's ear.

"Wha-"

"It's fine." I said then began.

"I'm not a Kalos native. I'm from Nuvema Town in Unova. When I was 5, a organization called Team Plasma was terrorizing Unova. Nuvema Town was destroyed, and everyone was killed. Shadow and I were the only survivors. We've been living with my uncle ever since."

"Oh! I'm really sorry I asked!" Elise exclaimed.

"It's OK. Let's stop for a lunch break."  I set my bag down beside an oak tree and pulled out a sandwich, and 3 cans of Pokéfood. I opened the cans and released Latios. Soleil took out a container of salad and some dressing, released Latias, and opened up another 3 containers of Pokéfood.

Then, just because damn Arceus seemed to have a grudge against us, the oak tree promptly exploded.

###

I seem to enjoy cliffhangers.

VOTEEEEE

COMMENTTTTTT

FOLLOW IF YOU WISH

ItsUmbree, signing off.