Chapter 10: Fossil Chaos

>Aleksi<

Lumiose City, Camphrier Town, and the routes in between were pretty low key. We dropped off Elise at the Lumiose Press. I caught an Absol & nicknamed it Shadow, and Soleil caught a Mareep.

"So, what's coming up next?" I asked Soleil. She pulled out our map.

"Well, since we weren't able to take the shortcut directly to Cyllage, the next town is Ambrette Town. We should stop at the fossil lab when we get there!" Soleil replied.

"Cool." We ran down the steps, and headed right for the Pokémon Center.

"Hello, and welcome to the Pokémon Center! Would you like to heal your Pokémon?" the nurse chirped.

"Yes, thank you." Soleil said. "Aleksi, let's grab a lunch." We walked to the cafeteria. I grabbed a sandwich and some juice, and Soleil grabbed a salad.

"So, are you going to challenge Grant?" Soleil asked, stuffing a bite of salad in her mouth.

"Uh-huh. He might have info." I replied.

"I wonder, how does Hoenn know what's going on here?" Soleil said thoughtfully.

"Flannery mentioned something called 'Trainers for Justice'. Ring any bells?"

"Yes! Once, there was an incident in Kanto caused by a organization called Team Rocket. After they were defeated-narrowly-the Pokémon Leagues of each region joined together to form the group to help protect all the regions. Each region has their own divison made up of the Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and the Champion. Occasionally they let in exceptionally strong trainers, but only temporarily." Soleil explained.

"So the Kalos division is..."

"It used to be the original formula, but with the Elite Four having turned, Diantha captured, and Viola... it's only the remaining Gym Leaders-Grant, Korrina, Ramos, Clemont, Valerie, Olympia, and Wulfric."

"That's only 7 people!"

"Which may be the reason why the other regions are getting involved. With so little forces in our region, help from the other regions would be much appreciated." Soleil said. "C'mon. Let's go pick up our Pokémon and head to the fossil lab!" We threw our trash away, and raced to the counter, where our Pokémon and PokéBalls were waiting.

"You ready to go?" Soleil grinned.

We raced towards the other side of the small town.

Then, we heard an explosion.

"Great Arceus, not AGAIN!!" Soleil moaned as we picked up the pace.

@@@

The lab, located on the outskirts of town, was a total wreck.

"Team Flare?" I said.

"No time! Let's go!" Soleil yanked out a PokéBall and dashed in. I ran after her.

The scientists were struggling to fend off a bunch of people in red suits, sunglasses, and wierd hairdos. I mean, seriously, red, flame-shaped hair? Eh, what? Although, the scientist's Pokémon were pretty cool, I had to admit.

Aurorus, Tyrantrum, Aerodactyl, Carracosta, and Archeops. All ancient Pokémon.

"Go, Shadow and Flame!" I yelled, throwing their PokéBalls. Both appeared in a flash of light and charged into the fray with Dusk.

"Go, Mareep and Skitty!" Soleil screeched. Mareep, Skitty, and Zorua dove into the fray.

Dusk, Zorua, and Shadow all used Dark Pulse at the same time, sending a dark aura all over the ground. Flame used Flamethrower on a couple Pokémon. Skitty and Mareep unleashed a powerful Double Thunderbolt, paralyzing lots of enemy Pokémon.

Meanwhile, Soleil and I ran towards the center of the fray.

"Something tells me that's where the commander of this operation is!" Soleil yelled.

Pokémon dashed left and right. I ducked to avoid a powerful HydroPump, and Soleil narrowly swerved to the right to dodge a Psybeam attack.

And you know who it happened to be?

Malva, of the Elite Four.

"Well, well, look what we have here!" She sneered as her Torkoal engaged in combat with a Kabutops.

"Little kids. Talonflame, Flare Blitz!" she commanded coolly.

"DUSK!! HYPER BEAM!!" I screamed. Dusk leaped out of the crowd. Sparkled materialized in front of his mouth, and a orange blast of sparkling energy slammed into Talonflame.

"Nice move, kid." A man strode through the crowd.

He had dark skin and brown hair that stuck up and had colored dots in it.

"Malva. Fancy meeting you here." He said calmly.

"Grant." Malva snorted. "It's been a while."

"Wait. GRANT!? YOU'RE THE CYLLAGE CITY GYM LEADER!?!?" I yelled.

"Are you a challenger? I'll battle later. Now, I have a certain Elite Four member to take down. Onix!" he yelled.

The Rock Snake Pokémon burst out of the ground with a roar.

"Hm. Rock Type. Too bad typing means nothing to Talonflame! Fire Blast!" Malva cried.

"Onix! Rock Tomb!" Grant commanded.

Talonflame opened his beak, and a star-shaped blast of fire raced towards Onix.

Onix roared, and rocks began falling from the sky, but in a wierd way.

"Wait. The way the rocks are falling is too natural. Grant is somehow able to control Onix's Rock Tomb!" I yelled in shock.

Onix ducked, and the Fire Blast crashed into a Victreebel. Talonflame, on the other hand, was buried under an avalanche of rocks.

"Grr. Talonflame, return! Well Grant, you've improved. Team Flare! Move out!" Malva yelled. Smoke filled the room. When it cleared, they had disappeared.

"Dang it!" I snapped.

"You did well. I look forward to battling you." And with that, Grant walked out of the ruins of the Fossil Lab.

:P:P:P:P:P:P

HALLO EVERYONE

CHAPTER 10 YAS

Anywayss...

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW IF YOU WISH

☆ItsUmbree