~Chapter 13

A/N:

Unstable Angina - Angina is a condition in which the blood supplied to heart muscles is restricted due to hardening and narrowing of the arteries connected to the heart and restricting the amount of oxygen

Angina Attack - An angina attack can be described as a squeezing sensation in the chest along with pressure. This is not any kind of a disease, but a sign that indicates improper functioning of the heart.

Cardiac Arrest - A Cardiac Arrest is a serious medical emergency in which the supply of blood to the heart is suddenly blocked, usually by a blood clot.

Matilda ran as fast as she could through the halls of the hospital, though it was more of a speed-walk.

"Sam!" she yelled, getting her brother's attention. The nurses and doctors walking around glared at her for shouting so early in the morning. She didn't pay any attention to them, still 'running' to her brother.

Each section of the hospital had a different waiting room, like the Maternity Ward has it's own waiting room. Matilda's mother was in the CCU ward, or the Coronary Care Unit. This ward is about people with terrible heart attacks or restrictions of blood supply around the heart. She worried what happened to her mother. Why would she be here, in all places?

"Matilda! Finally, you're here. Can you be any slower, Mum has been here for hours! Dad's with work, again, and I may not have slept all night." Sam said, his bloodshot eyes hazed. He couldn't entirely focus, having been awake for approximately 24 hours worrying.

"Sam... What happened to mum? Explain that, and then you can sleep." Matilda said, worrying about her brother and mother. She knew her mother had heart problems, but she didn't think it would get so bad.

However, it wasn't just heart problems. It was stress. Their mother had always suffered from stress and anxiety, ever since she was small, and having kids and basically being a single parent didn't help that. Since her husband always worked, she didn't when Sam and Matilda were younger and was a stay-at-home-mum, but as they got older and more responsible, she got a job. She started working again, but still worried about her children.

But, as her youngest child went into a completely knew situation, and just after a few weeks she got a phone call from her eldest saying he had to help his sister with bullies, it sent her into hysterics.

"Then, she got an Angina Attack. You know, that weird sensation she got before. This time, she felt like she couldn't breath. So, since I was there over the weekend, I dialled 999. They got to her house as soon as they could, but I'm not sure if it was quick enough. She was unconscious by the time they got there. I'm just scared..." Sam explained, though throughout he was slowly slipping to unconsciousness.

"Now, Sam. I'll wake you up if the doctors come. Ok, now sleep." Matilda reassured, letting her brother slip into darkness.