~Chapter 25

Jackson woke up to a faint light above his head. He tried to move, but found his wrists were bound with rope.

"Was zum Teufel?"

Oh, wait...

Jackson's wrists were enclosed by strong hands, preventing him from going anywhere.

"Don't worry, kid. You won't feel any pain, but I mean... God, why did I agree to this?" The person holding him spoke, sighing in exasperation. Jackson felt cloth cover his mouth.

He could hear faint voices, though they were forming incoherent words. All Jackson could make out was a few snippets of their conversation.

'No!... Idiot.' 'Told... fine! Pain... fine.' 'Hate... Brother.'

Then, Darkness.

Whoever it was that captured him obviously knew what they were doing. What if Sam hired people to kill Jackson? That wouldn't happen, right?

"Oh! You're awake!" The feminine voice from before piped out of the shadows, her voice holding slight cheer. The echoing of footsteps occurred again, Jackson seemed hyper-aware to where the characters were.

"I want to talk."

A female stepped into the light, glowing before Jackson. He immediately knew who it was, how could he not recognise her voice?

"Matilda, untie me right fucking now. You're no part of some gang and this is no fanfiction! There is no need." Jackson almost had smoke billowing out his ears, anger fuming through his body.

"I think the fuck not. You won't listen to me if I untie you! You'll leave before I get to speak. Now..." Matilda was nearly aggressive to, but her voice softened as her emotions were held back.

More footsteps suddenly entered the room as the invisible door opened with a loud creak. This time, a male voice fluttered through the room, hushed and hasty. Jackson couldn't make out what he said, but he knew it was something to do with him. Was the owner of the male's voice Sam?

"Alright, Jackson." Matilda stood in front of him, her short figure looking anything but intimidating. "Let's talk."

________________

For those who don't speak German, I have the very translation of what Jackson said!

Was zum Teufel? = What the fuck?