F I V E

"Huh?" I ask.

I slowly turn to my left and from quite a distance, I see.. Adrien.

The boy that I want to get far away from is just getting closer and closer.

He looks at me but then he furiously turns away.

"Okay class! Let's get to it!" Miss says.

We stand with our pairs as Miss got her papers ready.

"For Task one, you all have to design a bag or a small purse in the time given." She reads a small section from her papers and says, "you all have 20 minutes, 10 minutes to design and the next 10 minutes to actually make the bag."

"Woo! Hoo!" I hear Nino cheer next to Alya, "I can't wait!"

"But." Miss says. "Since this task involves teamwork. You MUST work together."

I look down at my feet when I feel my heart in pain.

I want to erase this pain but my eraser unfortunately has gotten blunter and blunter each time.

"Marinette?"

I look up to see Miss looking at me. "Uh.. Yes?"

"Are you ready?"

I nod to her question and she switches on a timer.

Within that second, everyone jumped to the floor and got ready with their work.

I look at Adrien who was sat down on the bottom of the stairs, focusing on his fingers.

If he's not going to work with me, I don't see why I can't work by myself.

I sit down and get my sketchbook out and I make some small sketches of the small purse I want to make. I get a few interesting ideas such as; a bag shaped of a small slice of cake, a bag with a design of those glasses I made for Jagged Stone once and my last idea, an image of a red love heart on the side and words ripping out of the sides of the heart.

I look at the last idea in disgust and I quickly rip that page out.

I look around for some ideas but stop when I smell a sweet fragrance in the air which lead me to looking at Rose who was holding a large bottle of perfume.

I closely concentrate on each word she was saying, ".. This is my sweet bottle which has the scent of cherry blossom petals dipped in vanilla milk."

Flowers huh? I smile when I feel an idea pop in my head.

I make a sketch of a bag with a dandelion glower at the side with its pretty seeds flying through the sky.

After sketching it, I go into the process of actually making the bag with materials which Miss got for us.

A while later, we all finish making our bags and we head to present our creations to Miss.

She comes to the front, looking at each one of our bags.

"Wow! Each one of you made an excellent bag." Miss says. "But I did notice one thing."

Miss turns to look at me, "Marinette, you're one is really beautiful.. It's simply, unique and a rare, beautiful gem."

I feel my heart begin to race, I look at her with confusion, "what's wrong?"

"Marinette, I've observed around the room and.. I only saw you working.. Adrien did nothing."

I look down and I wish I could just run away.. Run away from all of this.. But I can't.

"Marinette, I understand that I didn't pair you with Alya but that doesn't mean you can take advantage of this."

I look at her and feel as if I'm about to cry but we all turn to look at the front door when we hear a car pull up forward.

"This is ridiculous! Utterly ridiculous!" I hear a voice and instantly recognize who it was.

Chloe enters with Sabrina who was carrying her bag.

"Just because I am not in the classroom does not mean you get to be paired up with Adrien!" Chloe points her skinny finger towards me.

I look at her and rapidly shake my head, "no.. I didn't.. I didn't want to you."

"Did fate decide for you to be partnered up!?" Chloe shouts.

"Actually I did." Ms. Bustier says. "Now, Chloe you're way of entering the school is not accurate and.. Could you possibly step into the Principal's office?"

"What?!" She asks in shock. "Well I never!"

Chloe goes up the stairs with Sabrina following from behind and they enter the Principal's office.

"Okay Marinette," Miss says whilst looking at me. "Let's move on to the next Task."

I look forward and feel my heart in pain.