F O U R T E E N

I get up from bed as I hear Mom calling my name continuously.

I walk downstairs, putting on my jacket.

"Yes, Mom?"

"Marinette!" She says, excited. "I bought you a 'little' something yesterday!"

I giggle, "oh, Mom! Whenever you say a 'little' you always buy something which is bigger than a 'little'!"

"Well.." Mom laughs. "I couldn't help myself this time!"

She pulls out something from the side and slowly shows it to me.

My eyes widen in surprise and happiness, "oh, Mom!"

A gorgeous silver and light pink bicycle. It's so shiny that I could see my own reflection on it!

"It's so beautiful!"

I jump from my seat and give a tight hug to Mom and place a soft kiss on her cheek.

"Thank you, Mama!"

She smiles and says, "your Father picked the color and I picked the bicycle!"

I smile.

"You know Marinette, ever since you were little you've wanted a bicycle but I said once you are much bigger you will get the prettiest bike which will shine its light all over Paris!"

"Wow!" I say with amazement.

She smiles as if she was looking at her younger daughter all grown up.

"Mama!" I say. "Sure, I've grown but I'll always be you're little daughter."

She giggles and says, "even if you look bigger than a little!"

I laugh as well. "Mama! I'm going out now! Bye!"

"Bye! And take these macarons with you!" She hands me a bag of macarons and I head outside.

I sit on the seat of my new bicycle and ride it around the city.

Wow after many years and I can still ride a bike perfectly. I did once ride a bike, Papa's mountain bike and his ways of teaching.. Hadn't gone so great!

I giggle as I ride from one corner to another.

I take a sniff from the soft breeze, mm! Smells like warm coffee being brewed in someone's house.

I look down at my bike then I look up.

I see Alya waiting in front of the Louvre museum.

I stop the brakes so I wouldn't crash into Alya.

"Alya!"

"Marinette?" Alya says.

I get off my bike and greet her with a hug.

I look at her and say, "Alya, where have you been yesterday?"

"My phone.. I couldn't find it!" Alya says, annoyed. "And I searched everywhere but I was so hopeless that I wanted to stop searching.. However, Nino came by and gave a helping hand and thank goodness his help actually worked out! 'Cuz girl, I got my cell phone back!"

She smiles in excitement.

I smile too and reply, "aww! How sweet!"

She looks away in embarrassment and says, "what are you doing here anyway?"

Alya looks at me, waiting for an answer.

I carefully look at her and say with a smile, "my Mom bought me a new bike so I thought about enjoying the fresh air by riding my bike around."

"Also–" I start to say but I stop when I grab the bag of macarons and open it up. "I have some macarons."

Each different and colorful with different flavors too.

I pick out one macaron and I hand it to Alya who takes it and holds it up.

"Are you not going to have one?"

"Yes but.. I have an idea to share the macarons around."

"What does that mean?"

"Since I'll be riding my bike if I see anyone from school or anyone I know, I'll hand them a macaron!" I answer with a smile.

"Oh, Marinette! I don't know anyone who is like you!" Alya hugs me.

I release myself from her tight grip and ask, "Alya, do you want to ride the bike with me?"

I look at her orange eyes which remind me of autumn.

She smiles. "Oh, do I?!"

I hop onto my bike seat and she hops on the back, placing her hands on my shoulders.

We ride around and stop a few times to pass some macarons, I even stopped for Chloe, she did want 3 macaron but it didn't bug me much.

Isn't it nice to share things? You don't need to only do it to your loved ones, even your enemies may change their behavior if you change yours towards them.

"Marinette!" I hear Alya say.

"You're the bestest friend that anyone could ever ask for."

I didn't know what to say, the only thing that I could do was cry and smile.