S I X

After a while, we only had one more task left which Chloe joined in, although she wasn't in a very happy state.

Chloe looks at Miss with a face filled with unanswered questions as to why she didn't get paired with the love of her life.

"For this last task you have to do one lap around the school."

"One.. Lap?"

I look at Kim who looks as if he was in his own world.

He looks at Miss, smiling, "Miss, you are the best! I love running so much!"

Miss smiles and says, "but whilst running when you finish half the lap, you must give an object to your partner and they must complete the race with the object."

"Although, I don't have the object which professional runners have but I do have.." Miss stops speaking when she reaches in her pocket to get something, she shows us the object when opening her hand, ".. These necklaces!"

They were pretty - large colorful gemstones with a chain around them.

"The one who wins the race, gets to have these necklaces and win a special trip to anywhere they want." Miss says.

Miss hands out the necklaces; a blue gem to Juleka and Kim, a pink gem to Max and Rose, a yellow gem to Chloe and Sabrina, a turquoise gem to Nathaniel and Nino, an orange gem to Alya and Alex, a silver gem for Ivan and Mylen and lastly for me and Adrien, we got a.. Multicolored gem?!

Our gem was half red and half light green in the shape of a Yin Yang.

"All right! Let's go outside!" Miss says.

We all head outside and get in our positions, for me I had to run first to get it over with.

"On your marks! Get.. Set.. GO!"

With cheering in the background, I begin to run as fast as I can and trying to pick up the speed.

With the necklace in the tight grip of my hand, I run.

My heart was racing, drops of sweat were dripping down the side of my forehead.

I start to heavily pant but that isn't stopping me from running.

I feel the breeze pushing onto my legs as I run, the breeze makes my hair fly in the air.

I was nearly there, nearly.. Next to Adrien.

She's just a friend. JUST. Just friends.

I start to lose focus and I shake my head to snap me out of my thoughts, but I was somewhere lost and can't be found.

I feel something heavy in front of my feet which makes me collapse to the floor.

"Ahh!" I yell as I dropped to the ground.

I hear muffled noises in the background, shouting and cries.

My heart is hurting even more than before.

I wish someone could save me.