Chapter 1 (1st Day)

Today was the day when everyone had to report to the new college and their hostel.

"Mom.. I am really nervous i don't know how will i live there away from you, Dad and Sahil."

"Annika you have to dear, moreover it was your decision to come in your dream college for your future studies." Annika's mom Anamika told her trying to comfort her by taking her into a side hug sitting in the back seat of her car on their way to her college.

"I know Mom i am just scared. I hope i make you and Dad proud by achieving  all that you have dreamt of me." Annika told her Mom by wrapping her arms around her.

Being the only elder daughter Annika had that pressure on her to perform extremely good and be an inspiration for her younger brother,Sahil. Her parents were very supportive of her and not once had they told her to excel in everything but like every other parent it was pretty evident that even they want to see her successful and had many high hopes from her. Hence she decided to come to this college in Delhi away from her home city Jaipur.

Soon they reached at their college campus. Annika took her luggage out of her car and after giving a long hug to her Mother and shedding some tears and kissing her Good Bye, she headed towards the hostel (her new home from now).

- - -

3 Friends in 1 big car on their way to their new college in Delhi.

"Ghosh.. It was so tiring man!" Mallika exclaimed while keeping her head back on the head rest of the car.

"It was just a 2 hour flight from Mumbai and you are already tired. Have some stamina we need to report to our college and check our hostel yaa.." Advay told Mallika with a tone of sarcasm.

"Correction. We are not living in the hostel. We own a flat near our college campus and we are going directly there after... " Shivaay who was till now busy reading a newspaper and having headphones sitting on the front seat of the car tried reasoning with his friends.

"Wait. Whaaat.. ?? We are not living in the hostel but rather in your flat Shivaay. I am so happy.!" Mallika said while cutting shivaay in between. She was already against the idea of living in the hostel since beginning as being the only daughter of Malhotra's she was used to leading a luxurious life at her home and was aware of the hardships of the hostel.

"When did i say that you are living with us. You didn't let me complete.. did you.?? I was saying that we are going directly to the flat after dropping you to the Girls hostel! Moreover don't you remember the promise I made to Aunty before coming here and the condition she had put on you?" Shivaay said all this with a strict grin on his face.

Mallika was visibly miffed with the idea but couldn't do anything and found her helpless.

Advay who was listening to all this just left a chukkle and made a cute face towards Mallika.

Shivaay, Advay and Mallika were school friends. All being from very rich and reputed families respectively in Mumbai, their families knew each other too and were also great friends among themselves and always used to adore their children friendship. All the three had been inseparable since then. That was when Shivaay and Advay decided to go to a good college to complete their future studies, Mallika's mom decided to send her along with them to get her daughter a good future too. She trusted Shivaay and Advay and treated them like her own kids and so knew Mallika would be safe with them. She however laid a condition that Mallika should join the Hostel which was inside the college campus. Shivaay promised her that he would take care of her no matter what.

Shivaay who could see the sad face of Mallika said.."Hey but who said you can't come for night-outs and stay with us occasionally. We have a big flat you can easily fit in." He tried to crack a joke to make her laugh.

Mallika gave a big smile while listening to it and playfully hit on his shoulder from behind.

Soon they reached at the hostel and gave Mallika her luggage and after giving her a hug both of them decided to leave for their flat while planning to meet up in the evening itself.

Mallika went to the reception and was given her room no. However she was irritated that she had to carry all her luggage by herself. She mentally reassured herself that all this will help her to be a better person.

Annika had already arranged all her clothes and was waiting for her new roommate just then she heard a tap on her door. Getting all excited, she opened the door and was greeted by a lovely looking girl. Without wasting any time she introduced herself "Hi. I'm Annika."

Mallika who had just reached her room was all smiles to her new roommate too. "I'm Mallika. Nice to meet you."

They chatted for some time and Annika even helped her to arrange her cupboard. Soon they retired on their bed and started talking.

Annika - So you are from Mumbai. You came here all by yourself ?

Mallika - Nah I have 2 of my friends who have joined the same course as us. They are living in a flat nearby.

Annika - Oh! Thats so nice. Atleast you have some friends here. I am here all alone not knowing anyone.

Mallika - Don't worry yaa.. we are there for each other.
Trying to give Annika the best possible smile she could and hugged her.

They chatted for hours about anything and everything they could think of. Soon they developed a good bond and so Mallika decided to take Annika along with her to meet Shivaay and Advay in the evening otherwise she would feel lonely in the hostel.

After some time she got Advay's call, getting all excited she told him that how she can't wait to meet those two and also that she had made a friend who is very nice and would be bringing her to meet them too.

The boys just chuckled on the other side of the phone hearing her and told her to come to a nearby park at 6 in the evening which was a minute walk from her hostel.

¤¤¤

So here's the 1st chapter. I hope you all like it. Would love to have the feedback from all of you, what you guys think after reading it.

Thankyou.!