Chapter 19 (The True Feelings)

As soon as Mallika came inside, she was shocked to see the scenario infront of her. The sound of bursting balloons and some hoots were heard by her. Everybody wished her Happy Birthday. Annika came forward to hug her. She dropped those hand bags at the place where she was standing and covered her mouth with her hands and gasped. She was overwhelmed. She never in her dreams expected such a Surprise birthday party. She saw Advay and Shivaay through the video call. They wished her too.

Soon they were joined by other girls from the hostel who came from behind her to wish her.

As all of them got inside the room, Mallika was ecstatic to see the decoration. There was a big board with Happy Birthday Mallika carved on it. She saw a beautiful cake kept on the table with her name on it.

She happily cut the cake and fed Annika first and also virtually fed the guys too and laughed after seeing their antics

All the girls were so happy. They were enjoying themselves. They were dancing. Annika noticed that the guys have already put off the video call as they were very shy to interact with all the girls. 'Typical them' she thought. Laughing, she saw that Mallika was so happy, giggling with Chanda and others while some girls had already left. Some were still there and she knew the night gonna be long. She went ahead to join them.

~~

After putting off the phone, Shivaay stood up to drink water from the kitchen. He was soon joined by Advay.

"Do you like her.?" Advay asked him as he joined Shivaay in the kitchen and stood after keeping one of his elbow on the wall.

Shivaay choked, not knowing how the question popped up all of a sudden.
"What are you even talking about.?" he asked him.

"Don't try to play smart with me Shivaay." Advay reprimanded him. "You very well know that I am talking about Annika."

"What about her.?" he asked plainly.

"The way you were staring at her. Stealing glances through the call or Chuck! in the Mall too."

"I don't know. I mean.." Shivaay spoke.

"Don't act okay. Even Mallika noticed. And don't forget you were the 1st one to see my feelings towards Mallika and literally pushed me to confess my love to her." Advay told him.

"Hey...Hey...Hold on. You are taking it too far." Shivaay said as they moved towards their living room from the kitchen. "See i won't lie. I like her. I do like her. I mean who won't. She is really nice. But.."

"But..? But what?" Advay asked impatiently.

"But i am not even sure if it's anything more than that. I don't even want to name it as love. Just not! As it would be so soon to comment on something that we share. Hell! i don't even know if its real liking or it is as it." Shivaay said trying to explain his point to him.