Chapter 24 (The last stretch)

It was finally the time of their fest 'Tech-Tornando' the arrangements were complete, the guests started pouring in. Everyone was in awe of the splendid decorations.

They started with the opening act, 'Ganesh Vandana' as all of them took their seats.

Annika was the lead compere. She thought she was doing it alone and was hell nervous till yesterday until she got a surprise that Shivaay is doing Opening Speech along with her.

It was the final drill when his secret did come out when the teacher called out for him too, leaving Annika shocked and happy for her reasons. Otherwise he was indeed successful in hiding it from her from the day he got to know about it and thought to surprise her at the D-day itself.

Annika was waiting in the backstage next in the line as within few minutes she has to go and address along with Shivaay. But the point was, where was he.?!

"Again this Mr Oh-So-Punctual is late.!" she mumbled. "I told him to not work at the last minute and let others take care of themselves too but Shivaay being Shivaay won't listen to me only."

She looked around but there was no sign of him. Just then he came from behind and coming very close to her ear whispered.

Shivaay - Missing me eh?

Annika -  Where the hell were you?
And she gave him a spat on his hand.
Her favorite thing to do.

Shivaay - Easy woman!

Annika - It's our turn next.

Shivaay - I know.

Annika - And You are late.

Shivaay - I am not. It's still 3 minutes 30 seconds to go.

Annika - Oh my God. You Calculative insaan.

Then she looked at him specifically at the clothes that he was wearing. They were color-coordinated. No it didn't happen by luck. 'Not at all filmy.' It was pre decided. Since they were doing opening speech together. They thought of wearing black. It was Shivaay's idea. 'Typical him!' She sighed. She was wearing Black suit with golden embroidery and he wore a black tuxedo. And man he was looking hot.!

Shivaay - Done checking me out?  He winked.

Annika - Please.! I was thinking something.

Shivaay - Yah thinking about me.

Annika - You bet.

Shivaay - By the way you look good.

Annika - Just good.?

Shivaay - Umm. I am falling short of adjectives.

Annika - Oh really.

Shivaay - What else do you want me to say.? Take that.

Before they could complete their very important impending conversation, it was finally their turn to go on stage, as the participants of the previous act came back.

Annika - I am nervous.

Shivaay - Don't worry everything will be fine.

Annika - But there are so many people.

Shivaay - Annika. Don't stress. You will ruin your preparation otherwise.
He held her hand and guided her to the stage.

There were indeed a lot number of people. It was a big event and such a number was expected by Shivaay. His only fear was hopefully all the refreshments and arrangements are provided well to them.