Chapter 12 (The subtle End/Start)

The following morning Mallika came downstairs after getting dressed from her room. She tried to locate Annika in their mess and elsewhere on her way to college but she practically disappeared according to her.

They had their practical class first. She met Advay and Shivaay there. Together they went inside the class room. After the class was over, they decided to eat something from the canteen first as the guys didn't have anything for their breakfast. When the three of them entered the canteen, they saw Annika near the food counter with Chanda.

On telling Shivaay and Mallika that he'll go talk to her first, Advay went near Annika while both of them sat on a table near them. They knew Annika was angry but were unaware to what extent will her outburst be.

"Annika, listen we are sorry. We didn't know that you were left behind." Advay came near her and said facing her back.

Annika turned to look at him and replied, "How does that even matter.?"

Advay knew it wasn't easy pleasing her, he said, "What..?  No I mean it does. We care.."

"Really. I am so surprised. Forget it! I don't wanna talk to you." Annika said while sitting down on another table eating her food. Chanda sat opposite to her.

Advay came behind her and stood near her table and said, "But Annika it's been long. Let's end this. And what happened in the bus.? You look disturbed when you came out."

"It doesn't concerns you Advay. Chanda i am leaving for the auditorium. Please hurry up, finish your food and meet me there directly. I have to prep up for my presentation."

She went after washing her hands and not giving a single glance to the very same people who were sitting on the table near the door. After some time Chanda stood up to move out too. Mallika rushed to her to stop, she pulled her to the table where they were sitting. "Chanda please atleast you listen and tell us. What exactly happened?" she said.

Chanda replied in a very harsh tone. "Do you Really care Mallika?"

"We all do." Shivaay said. "But things aren't so good right now. I hope you understand." he added.

Chanda replied, "Fine, don't say anything to Annika that i told you. A guy misbehaved with her in the bus yesterday."

"What? Seriously?" They said altogether. They knew something was coming but listening to the whole story, shocked them further.

"It's all because of us. Shitt yaar. We should have waited." Shivaay said in a hopless tone.

"Nothing extreme happened but she was just disturbed from all of this and moreover she is strong enough to handle such morons." Chanda told them.

Mallika was quiet after listening to it, she replied, "It's all because of me, i shouldn't have fought with her only. I should have.."

"Not just this Mallika. But i really wanted to ask, what got into you that you believed that girl Ragini.?" Chanda was already very furious with them. She almost shouted on Mallika.

Fearing where the conversation is heading, she asked, "Matlab.?"

"Ragini told you naa that Annika said that you all are just Money Minded and Egoistic people, who are full of Attitude and made fun of your and Advay's Relationship.?" Chanda questioned her.

"Umm. Yeahh. How do you know about it?" she asked questioning her back.

"Tanya told me. She was also present there right? And you were told that Annika was speaking all this to me and Tanya overheard. Utter Rubbish..! That never happened." She squealed at the last phrase.