Chapter 9 (It hurts)

The bright sun rays fell on her beautiful face, she smiled in her dream and frowned afterwards as it wasn't letting her sleep. Yawning with her eyes closed and disheveled pullover, she slightly opened one of her eyes to see around on the bed adjacent to hers. It was empty. On blinking her eyes and rubbing them simultaneously, she arched a little to have a clear picture. Reality hit her and she realized, "Shit. Annika you are late." On removing her pullover she stood up from her bed to find Mallika, "Why didn't she wake me up. But where is she.?" she thought.

On hearing the voice of water tap from their washroom she decided to knock on the door and ask, but just then the door opened on itself and Mallika came from it all Dressed..!

"Why didn't you wake me up?" she asked Mallika but Mallika was least concerned or interested in the question and was applying some cream on her face, who at last replied, "You are big enough to wake up on your own. Aren't you?"

Annika was shocked would be an understatement, after washing her face and brushing her teeth she asked her again, "What's wrong with you Mallika.? Why are you behaving like this. We everyday used to wake each other up then what happened all of a sudden?"

"Nothing. I am just minding my own business like how I should have been from  the very start." saying this Mallika took her bag and went outside the room for the college.

Annika was hurt. Shock was clearly written on her face. She was bitterly surprised. The way Mallika had talked with her, it was pretty evident that something was definitely wrong between them.

But you know what she wasn't amazed. Because that is how her fate was. That's exactly how she was treated in the past. And she was used to it.

Taking a deep breath, she quickly changed and after making her presentable, set out for her college.

~~

Annika was late so she went on to sit at the first seat she saw. During the class, when the professor was busy explaining some concepts, she looked around only to spot Mallika, Advay and Shivaay sitting together in a row almost diagonally to her. Mallika was whispering something in Advay's ears and simultaneously explaining something to Shivaay. With what Annika could read and understand by Mallika's lipsing, she took her name.

Sighing in disbelief she went on to focus on her class.

In the break when all the class students went outside towards the canteen, Annika was the first one to leave as she was sitting near the door.

She thought she'll talk with Shivaay and Advay about Mallika's behavior and ask her about the same in the canteen again for the nth time.

She went on the counter ordered something for herself and went on to sit on a table of four waiting for them to join in.

Just then all the 3 of them entered. And after waiting for their turn to order for themselves as the canteen was almost full, Mallika went on to sit on an empty table near the window and not with her.

Before she could even react, Both Advay and Shivaay passed by her with food trays and joined Mallika on the table she was sitting on. They clearly ignored her as if she didn't exist. The idea that they didn't notice her sitting there wouldn't be counted as she and Shivaay had an eye-contact just when he entered the canteen. He saw her sitting right there but didn't react that time.

She was so hurt with all of this. She didn't have the courage to confront them infront of everybody as she would be a laughing stock if anything goes bad and she didn't want any kind of unnecessary attention. Eating her pizza bread in a hurry and without even giving a second glance to anyone or them, she took her handbag and moved outside the canteen.

With what she could recall something was terribly wrong with Mallika. They were having some sort of misunderstanding but what hurt her more were Shivaay and Advay, who refused to even look at her, forget talking. She thought they were friends but Alas how wrong she was!  Wiping the lone tear that was on the verge of coming out of her eye, she moved towards her hostel. She was in no mood to attend the rest of classes.

Mallika came back after all the classes ended and after changing she went on to lie on her bed. Annika didn't even look at her. She was busy in doing her own stuffs. First she thought that she would explain herself to Mallika but decided in negative as firstly she was no saint who should go to her even after all of this when she didn't even know what did she do on the first place.

Annika was remembering her mother's words as how she had advised her to stay away from all the cliches and just focus on her studies and how she shouldn't have been befriending them from the starting so easily.

'Annika when they don't even care, why are you thinking about them so much' she thought to herself and after closing her books she went out to take a walk.

When she was out alone in the park walking, she spotted Chanda coming towards her from the other side.

Chanda - Hey. What's up?

Annika - Nothing much, you tell? What are you doing here? (She tried to act as normal as possible)

Chanda - Nothing just here for some work. Where is Mallika by the way.? You both used to come together naa always.

Annika - Yeah.. Umm.. She is in the room.

Chanda - Annika is everything alright.?

Annika - Yeah. Why.

Chanda - Because you sound so off. In the college too you were looking depressed as far as i could notice.

Annika -  After taking a deep breath she replied. Umm. No. It's nothing like that.

Chanda - You sure.? It's okay if you don't want to share.

Annika - After thinking for some time she said, I and Mallika are not on talking terms.

Chanda was herself confused and with a little frown she said, "But everything was alright a day back. Just yesterday you both came together to our room."

"I don't know. She is behaving so weird after that. I don't even know why." She told her and she got so emotional thinking and talking about this, but she composed herself saying that she is strong enough to handle all this alone.
After talking for a while both of them moved towards their respective rooms.

~~

In the night at around 10p.m.

Hey.. How are you..?

Type..Delete.

Hii..Couldn't meet you today.

Type.. Delete.

It's was the 4th time that Shivaay had typed the same msg and deleted it but he just couldn't get the courage to send it to her.. 'To Annika'.

Obviously he wanted to have a talk with her Infact even Advay wanted. But what all Mallika told them, he was genuinely surprised. Both of them didn't believe but had to agree with Mallika as she was herself displeased and to not annoy her more, both decided to go with what she says for the meantime.

¤¤¤

Thanks for all the love on the last chapter. It means a lot. ❤
So here's the next chapter. Do tell me about it. Share your views on the same. :)