Chapter 21 (Unprecedented Combinations)

Had no time to update any time soon but it was Nishi's sharma_13 birthday today and she wanted a b'day gift. Happy Birthday sweetie♥ Enjoy your day. :)

"Why am I always the last one to know?" More than saying it out loud, Mallika accused them. On hearing her voice, both Shivaay and Annika came down to the place where Advay and Mallika were standing.

"What happened to you.?" Annika asked out of concern.

"You tell me. What's happening.?" Mallika retaliated back.

"Mallika you are getting all wrong." Shivaay tried to calm her down as she was standing all furious with arms crossed at the level of her chest and looking accusingly at them.

"Oh. Please...Shivaay.!!" she said angrily. "Being your best friend, I deserve to know it first and here you didn't find the time to tell me only and Annika let's not talk about this, i didn't expect this from you." she said turning towards her.

Annika couldn't get what exactly was happening.

"What got into you all of a sudden Mallz.?" she asked.

"Nothing yaar Annika." Advay tried to explain. "She just gets some mood swings. Nothing else." he certainly didn't want to spoil things even before they started. He tried to make Mallika quiet by telling her to shut up from his eyes not wanting to be caught by Annika. But Mallika was so angry to give even two hoots about it.

"Excuse me.?" Mallika said sarcastically. "These aren't mood swings okay. I am hurt.!"

"1 second. What did i even do. Mallika tell me.?" Annika asked.

Shivaay got a little behind Annika and told Advay to make her quiet from his actions lest she goes overboard.

"You didn't even tell me that you and..." "Ouch.!!" Advay pinched her before she could complete.

"What..?" Annika asked though not noticing Advay but only then she heard a voice calling her name. All of them turned to find Nikhil approaching them.

Nikhil - Hi Annika.

Annika - Hello. How are you here?
She asked surprised.

Nikhil - Actually i was finding you.

Shivaay looked at him with raised brows.

Annika - For?

Nikhil - There isn't much time for the fest. Let's get back to work soon.

Annika - Oh yes. We have to shortlist some themes.

Nikhil - But who do we have to report to.?

Shivaay - Me.! He said sternly.

Nikhil - Oh.

Annika - Oh. Then it's great. Nikhil we don't have to worry.

Shivaay - You should actually.! I am very peculiar about My work.

Annika - Wait a second. Now what happened to you.? First Mallika then you.

Nikhil - Annika you better hurry up.

And he literally pulled her wrist to get her going which didn't go unnotice by Shivaay while Mallika got more confused.

Annika - And Mallika the conversation isn't over yet. We'll continue.
She said while turning back while walking away.

Shivaay noticed both of them leave and he couldn't do anything. He didn't know why he wasn't liking Annika going away from him even for some other work or stuff. He just couldn't go well with the idea of Nikhil working with Annika. Not because he was jealous, though he was but since he won't want to admit it openly but the thought of some other guy getting to know Annika couldn't be digested by him so easily. So yeah.! And then there was Annika who wasn't even showing a little bit of interest in him. Or was pretending to.