Chapter 11 (Distressed)

Annika for a second couldn't believe what she was told. To confirm she asked the guy again by calling him. On getting same response, she didn't know what to do at this time of the hour.

"Annika. Hey listen, don't worry. You can Come with me to my nani's place if you want." Chanda told her slightly caressing her shoulder. She knew Annika was worried.

"No. It's okay. Thanks. But I'll prefer going to the hostel." Annika replied. She was herself unaware what to do next.

"So. What will you do? How will you go?" Chanda asked her.

"I don't want to go in public bus. Let me call a cab. Wait. Just a second." she took out her phone and began dialing a number after booking a cab online through an app.

"Hello. Yeah..Bhaiya. How much time will it take to reach here....45 minutes...!!Umm Oh." She looked at Chanda. It was indeed very late and waiting for this long wasn't a good option too. "No Bhaiya, Cancel it. It's okay." she kept the phone quite dejected.

"It's okay, Annika you better leave in a bus only as an auto rickshaw won't be available here who would agree to go till our hostel. There is a bus stop nearby. Hurry, Otherwise we won't be able to get the bus also after some time." Chanda said and further continued. "I am just leaving for my Nani's house in another one. Damn it's in North delhi and our campus is in South delhi. So clearly we won't be able to go in the same bus."

"I have never traveled in a public bus all alone. My dad never allowed me. Not that i wanted to. But just sort of scared you know." she trembled slightly while speaking of it.

"Hey. Don't worry. Just call or message me when you reach. I'll do the same. And you are smart enough to handle anything bad. Aren't you.?" Chanda spoke making her smile a little.

Bus stop was also not near to their place. She had to walk some distance after parting from Chanda, alone.

After waiting for some time, there was finally a bus going to South delhi. The bus was almost full but having no other option, She went inside it. There was hardly any place to sit at the moment, so she preferred standing.

After few bus stops, when the people inside it finally began getting out, Annika found a place for herself to sit which wasn't that comfortable but fine enough to sit properly for the rest over journey.

A girl in her early twenties was sitting opposite to her seat. A guy of mid thirties was standing between them with the help of a support.

He was time and again clinging on both of them side ways. At first Annika thought it could be due to sudden breaks but he kept repeating that. Twice he kept his hand on her shoulder while slightly moving it downwards on her back but removed it quickly when she looked at him.

Annika decided to check on the other girl who was sitting parallel to her but it appeared that she was so oblivious to all the happenings. She was looking out of the window and didn't even flinch when he repeated the same act with her.

When after some time he did the same thing with Annika, she was quite certain. She stood up and slapped him on his face. She shouted at him. "It's enough okay.! Just because I am ignoring doesn't mean i am not aware what you are doing. Better Back off.!!"

The guy reacted as if he wasn't aware what she was saying and tried to act all innocent.

He started misbehaving with Annika again when everyone looked elsewhere by holding her hand tightly.

The girl who was quiet till now even when she could feel all that, that had happened a while ago along with the allegations which were indeed true she have had enough too. She stood up from her seat and slapped him tightly on the guy's face just like Annika. She said, "Just because of people like you everybody is ashamed. It's so cheap and disgusting of you to do it. I travel on a daily basis in these buses and 2 out of 5 cases, i do meet people like you. But still i choose to be quiet worrying of the consequences later on."