Chapter 6 ( What if)

"Annika we seriously need to go shopping someday. I literally have no dress." Mallika told her while trying to get hold on a dress to wear to the party by taking all her dresses out from her cupboard and fidgeting with them.

"Don't act stupid. You have so many beautiful dresses. Look... Here.. This one." Annika told her by simultaneously trying to get hold on a dress from the pile of clothes on the bed and finally handing out one dress to her.

It was a simple and sober Mustard Yellow and black Playsuit.

"Look. That's what you will need i think. As it isn't a lavish party. Just a small get together with college peeps i guess. Just an informal one." Annika told her by handing over the dress to her and signalling her to try.

"Yeah. I guess. It will suit. Thanks babe and just now as i said we are definitely going for a shopping pretty soon as your choice of clothes is really nice and quick too."

To which Annika just chuckled and signaled her to go and change as it was about time that she should get going.

After getting ready and doing some minimal makeup Mallika bid Annika a sweet goodbye and after giving her a hug left.

~~

Mallika - Is it just me or the place is actually too crowded.

Advay - You are just overthinking. I guess the place is fine.

Shivaay - I don't know. I just don't like the vibe here. I mean look around we hardly know anybody. And top of that just because we don't live in the hostel nobody knows us as well.

Mallika - Aww Shivaay Singh Oberoi is getting Ego issues. I don't know about you two but i think everyone knows me. What..?? Don't give me those looks for God Sake. You both know how popular I am..!

Advay gave her a questioning look by raising one of his eyebrow indirectly telling her to come out of her sweet little bubble.

Shivaay - Are you done already. Btw where is the host who invited us on the 1st place.?

"Missing me eh..Glad you all came." Soon they were joined by Ragini who was wearing a strapless Sherri hill Red prom dress which was actually quite revealing and had a slit on one side.

While all three of them looked at each other as if talking among themselves that didn't she overdo it.? Come on it wasn't a party like that on the 1st place. But anyway it was Ragini we were talking about.

"Btw i forgot to ask how do i look.? My Mom sent me this dress. She had brought it specially for me from LA when she was there for one of her..."

"You look Great. Just Wow. I mean so sweet of her." Mallika said by not letting her complete as she would again be doomed by another one of her Long and Great stories behind it as usual.

"Okay so Enjoy yourself. Will catch up with you guys later" Ragini said and left, not by giving a rather very sweet smile to Shivaay and slightly caressing his broad shoulder."

~~

Annika was sitting in her room with her books trying to study the topics that had been covered in the class past week, by pressing the tip end of her pen between her lips occasionally and swaying her legs but she was not able to concentrate fully on her books as her mind was busy thinking as to what would be going on in the party. How much Fun they would be doing. What if she was also with them, she would have met new people. Or what if Ragini hadn't approached them, they would right now be watching the movie and enjoying themselves and she would have gotten a chance to know them more. What if..
Soon Her thoughts got disturbed as she heard slight knocking on her door. She wondered who it would be, as far as recalling Mallika who would have just reached the venue and was probably enjoying, there was no case that she would be here at this time. Or what if she didn't like the party and hence decided to come back as she was missing her.
But keeping all her assumptions to rest and getting to the point that it might be anyone from the hostel, she went to open the door hearing the 2nd knock at her door. On opening it she was greeted by a girl from her hostel who she had seen in the mess before but didn't know her.