Sing

Jesse's POV:

The movie ends, both of us still awake. "Time to sing." I say. She turns off the tv, giving me a smile. "This could be like my own private concert." she says with a soft voice. I nod, as I grab Zach's guitar. "Do you know how to play.?" I ask her. "Yeah." she says as I sit on the floor. She does the same, grabbing the guitar. "What song do you want to play.?" I ask her. "I don't know. I have alot." she says. "Well, we got all night." I say giving her a smile."Ohh. I know." she says beginning a beat. She then starts playing the guitar. The beat begins from the song Afraid. I look at her, a smile growing across her face. I follow the beat, beginning to sing. "When I wake up, I'm afraid. Somebody else might take my place. When I wake up, I'm afraid somebody else might take my...make that money, fake that bunny, ache my tummy, on the fence, all the time." I begin to sing. "Paint young money, face so sunny, ain't that funny. All my friends always lie to me. I know they're thinking.." I sing. "You're too mean, I don't like you, fuck you anyway. You make me wanna scream, at the top of my lungs, it hurts, but I won't fight you, you suck anyway. You make me wanna die, right when I..." she says trailing off. We are going back and forth. She is pretty good at singing too. "When I wake up, I'm afraid somebody else might take my place." I say. "When I wake up I'm afraid somebody else might take my place." she says. "When I wake up, I'm afraid somebody else might take my place." we both sing. "When I wake up, I'm afraid somebody else might end up being me." I sing. She begins to sing the chorus, looking at me. "Keep on dreaming, don't stop giving, fight those demons. Sell your souls not your whole self. If they see me when you are sleeping, make them leaving, and I can't even see if it's all there anymore so.." I trail off. "You're too mean, I don't like you, fuck you anyway, you make me wanna scream, at the top of my lungs, it hurts, but I won't fight you, you suck anyway. You make me wanna die, right when I.." she says with a shaky voice. I look at her. She wants to cry, but doesn't. She stops playing the guitar, and sighs, a tear escaping from her eye. "Want to do another song.?" she asks looking down at her feet. "Yeah, you can still choose." I say, one hand cupping her face.

Lana's POV:

"Can we do Honest.?" I ask Jesse. I feel so mean for stopping in the middle of the song. I should have just stayed focused on the song. Why can't I hold in my tears.? "Yeah. If you want to. And Lana, you have a great voice." Jesse says. I blush lightly, nodding. As I begin to play the guitar, Jesse waits. He then begins to sing. "Patience.Test my patience. If I made it too hard for you maybe, you should have changed it. Say it. You should say it. Cause I'd say I was wrong just to make it, fill all the spaces. Waiting. Always waiting if I gave you control would you say that, we could have saved it. I hope you find a way, to be yourself someday. In weakness or in strength, change can be amazing. So I pray for the best, I pray for the best for you." he sings, which means I need to sing the rest. I don't think I sing good, yeah I sing in the shower, but I never sing in front of people, but here I am in the basement at three in the morning, with a famous singer I like. "I wish you could be honest, I wish you could be honest with me. With me. I wish you could be honest, I wish you could be honest with me. With me. Chasing. Always chasing dreams, why'd you stick around. Why'd you stay with me. Why'd you fake it.? Hesitation... is killing me too, but I couldn't save it. I couldn't save it." I trail off. Wow, I am doing pretty good, I hope nothing stupid will ruin this amazing moment. As Jesse begins to sing, I look into his eyes. I never knew, that I would need someone I just met.