Chapter 18. Last of Summer

♥♡♥♡♡♡♥

Song for the chapter "Counting stars by One Republic"

The days flew by as summer came to an end. My days were filled with work and playing lacrosse with my friends at the park. Then I would spend the nights at Sue's home. The boys were back to their schedule of soccer and basketball practice. We would sometimes see each other at night but not for long. We became lots of text messages over the last two weeks. I was losing my friends and I wanted to spend as much time with them as possible.

I really didnt want to start a new school. I was missing my friends and I was not that far away. Once school starts we will be off in our own world trying to get school work done, team sports, and boyfriends.

We're having a last get together tonight before school starts on Monday. The boys want to have the weekend just us three. So tonight I'm helping mom set up.

She has me in the kitchen baking along side her while she fixes up side dishes. We have not been as close as we usually are. I'm afraid to tell her about the boys and I. I'm afraid of what she's gonna say or feel about me. Im kind of thinking we should wait until we graduate to say anything.

Who knows how long this will last. Will it go past high school? When we go to college, will we end up going together? I'm confused. How many relationships last that are like ours?

I don't want to be a pessimist but I'm scared that things could turn for the worse. I'm ready for this weekend of the boys and me. Lots need to be talked out.

"Lani your awful quiet. .. something bothering you?" mom asks.

"Just tired... can we go school shopping tomorrow afternoon. "

"Yeah... what do you think about signing up for cooking lessons ?"

"Sure mom.." I answer realizing I'm not off the hook. I continue throwing the salad together while eating a cucumber.

" I was looking at your electives you can take at school and I was thinking your almost all set with your credits where you have a lot of gaps. Would you want to graduate a year early with the boys?" She asks looking at me more seriously.

"How would I do that?" Now I'm confused.

"I talked to the counselor and she said you can graduate this year if you add three extra classes.. So I played with your schedule and you still have two periods free. I told you all the extra classes and tutoring could come in handy." She says now smiling at me.

" Let's do that. I will do the cooking class but I want a study period. I want extra time to get my work done before lacrosse." I tell her hoping for a compromise.

"We also have to start on college applications and your s.a.t.s. I'm thinking we could get you another tutor for on Sunday's. ."

"You know best mom." I tell mom as she starts setting the table.

"Alex she does remember where she lives!" Chase comments as he comes in and sees me.

"Hahaha very funny.. Did you figure out what we're doing this weekend? "

"Yeah were gonna relax.. swim in the pool and watch movies. Basketball starts up soon and that means party's will begin soon."

"Good because by the sound of my schedule for school, I'm not gonna have any free time." I tell them. I started bringing food to the table.

"Whats going on?" Alex asks.

"We will talk about it tomorrow. Lets get thru tonight. " They give me one last look and nod. "Give me a hand carring the food out?"

My mom and Will's friends have already started showing up. I start picking at the food as everyone shows up and sits down. I take my seat next to Nicky and Alex. Our parents friends have their kids with them and the girls are flirting with Chase while Alex is clinging to my side.

"That's Kelly and Becky and their brutal. Chase is gonna have bruises. They try too hard and they keep punching you, I can't tell if their trying to beat you up or flirt with you." Alex says. I start laughing while Chase throws me an irritated look. I just smile at him and start eating.

As dinner finishes up and I help clear off the table. I'm suddenly picked up off the ground.

"You think its funny that I'm getting mauled?"Chase demands. I just start laughing even harder.

" You looked like you were enjoying it." I tell him and try to make a run for it.

Our friends started showing up so I went downstairs to change. It was getting cooler out and we were gonna chill next to the fire pit. A great ending for the night. As I got downstairs, I got pushed on to my bed and looked up to Chases bright green eyes.

"You didn't think you would get away with that did you?" He asks with his green eyes suddenly looking dangerous.

"Maybe?" I said smiling at him. He jumped on top of me. With one last smirk his lips descended on to mine in a slow dominant way, his lips moved against mine as he grabbed my face moving his fingers into my hair. He felt demanding against me.

"I've missed you." he says against my lips.

I didn't even realize I missed this until his lips touched mine. I have been so busy that I hadn't realized that I missed them. I looked up at him with shock.

"I really missed you too. I think I just realized how much I like you...damn that's scary!!" I tell him and give a nervous giggle.

"Yeah it can be scary. .." Chase looks at me and starts laughing. He pulls me next to him and we cuddle for a little while. Him drawing lazy patterns on my palm.

This feeling of euphoria settles over us. I start to give us hope, that maybe it won't be as hopeless as I'm afraid it will be. I slowly close my eyes as a smile settles over my face.

After a couple minutes I change into a pair of sweats and a hoodie. We head out to the back yard. The fire going. Our friends all in chairs making smores.

With a quick Hi to everyone, I take a seat on Chase's lap cuddling into him. I start thinking how I more than like him.. Chase picks up a strand of my hair playing with it as all our friend's talk and joke about this year of school.

***** if you were in Lani's situation how would you tell your parents about being in a relationship with two guys? that are on the verge of being your stepbrothers! ***

comment below

yourbookslut