Chapter 8 "Forgive and Forget"

"Zara, please talk to me." Finn pleaded as I opened my locker. "I wouldn't have forced you to go to that party if I knew he was going to be there."

"I'm not mad at you." I tell him, putting my maths book in my locker.

"Then why are you ignoring me?" He furrowed his eyebrows together, searching my face for an answer.

I took a deep breath.

"I'm not ignoring you. I'm just still in a little shock." Lies.

I've been ignoring you because I saw you pull a gun on some kid in the school hallway.

"Well, at least your cheek has healed." He said, reaching to touch it with his finger. I winced and he jerked back.

"It hasn't. I'm just wearing a lot of makeup to cover it." Finn pressed his lips together and his fists clenched.

"I'm going to kill him." The words left his mouth with such ease, as if what he was saying was the most casual thing in the world.

I felt my body muscles freeze in place and a eery shiver went down my spine.

I couldn't tell if he was exaggerating or not.

"Don't say that." I tell him. "How do you know that guy anyway?"

"He did the same thing to my thirteen year old sister." My eyes widen.

"How old is he?"

"Twenty-two." My mouth dropped open.

"Ewe." I shiver, shaking the thought away.

"So, are we good?" He asked hopefully, his blue eyes sparkling.

I suck in a breath, nodding while forcing a fake smile.

"I have to get to class now." I tell him quickly before shuffling my way down the hall.

~~~

"Ewe, my eyes. They burn." I screech, shielding my eyes from the scene in front of me.

I had come home from school to find my parents making out on the couch like teenagers.

"Hi, honey." My mom said awkwardly, leaning away from my father while fixing her lipstick. "How was your day?"

"It was going fine, but now I feel like I'm going to puke." She chuckles as I remove my hands from my face, dropping my backpack on the floor.

"I'm going to go make some tea, anybody want anything?" My mom asked, standing up and straightening her shirt.

"Oh, can we order pizza tonight?" I asked excitedly, plopping myself on the couch next to my father.

"Oh yeah, pizza sounds good." He agreed with me, looking up hopefully at my smother with a wide smile.

"I was going to cook tonight-"

"You cook every night, let's have some fattening, greasy pizza tonight."

My mother purses her lips before answering.

"Fine, but I'm not calling." She tells us with a smirk before exiting into the kitchen.

"Rock, paper, scissors for whose calling?" My dad offers, and I nod.

We place our fists on our open palm before chanting.

"Rock, paper, scissors shoot!" We say in synch before my fist turns into a pair of scissors while his turns into paper.

"Ugh. Best two out of three?" He offers hopefully and I shake my head, a victorious smirk on my lips.

"Nope, you lose you call." He groans before standing up from the couch and exiting the living room, grabbing his cell phone from his pocket.

I happily grab the TV remote and change the channel to The Big Bang Theory right as the doorbell rings.

I internally groan as I stand up from the couch and head towards the door. As I swing it open, I am greeted by an older looking women.

The tips of her recently washed dirty blonde hair reached her shoulders and she had wrinkles around her eyes and mouth. Her skin was pale and she had bags under her eyes.

She looked familiar, but I couldn't place my finger on it.

As she saw me, her face shifted from expectant, to confused.

"Uh, hello. I was looking for a Bella Carpenter. Are you the maid?" She asked and I narrowed my eyes.

"There's a Bella Thomas here, and I'm her daughter." I told her, her eyes widening and her lips parting slightly.

"Zara, who's at the door-" I heard my mother call from behind me, but her voice cut off and her footsteps stop.

I turn around to see her standing in the middle of the living room, a cup of tea in her hand. Her eyes were as wide as the moon and her jaw dropped.

Suddenly, the cup left her hands and smashed on the floor, creating a puddle of hot tea and broken glass.

"Mom?" She choked, close to tears.

I quickly whip my head around to the women in front of me, a smile on her face as she waved slightly towards my mother.

Oh my god.

~~~

A.N~

O_O

Chapter 8 is written and published. Hope you all enjoyed it. <3

Follow my social media's, links in bio. :)

Questions:

-What do you think will happen next?

-What's your opinion on this chapter?

-Who's your favorite character?