Chapter 36 "Truth or Dare?"

I scroll through Instagram as I snuggle in the warm covers with my stuffed bear, Mr. Bear.

He used to be my father's when he was little and I've slept with him every night of my life.

"Alright, get up." Natalia's voice echoed in the hotel room.

I groan, throwing the covers over my head to shield the light from my face as I open Snapchat. I click on Scarlett's story to see a photo of her sitting on Finn's lap, making a kissy face towards him.

I swallow the lump in my throat as I click off her story to see that Finn has also posted something on his story. I click on it to see a picture of a bottle of beer sitting on a table with the caption 'much needed' written over it. He posted it three hours ago.

The sudden bright light in my face makes me groan, covering my burning eyes.

"I warned you." Natalia stated, throwing my covers on the ground.

"What do you want?" I moan, covering my face with my pillow.

All I wanted to do right now is lay in bed and die.

"I want you to get out of bed and stop wallowing in self pity." She put her hands on her hips, watching me sternly.

"It's all your fault with your stupid plan. It hasn't worked so far and it all seems to have to do with Finn." I tell her, rubbing my eyes tiredly.

"The plan isn't over yet, peaches. I have one more idea left." I groan, rolling over on my stomach and digging my head in the mattress.

Hopefully I will suffocate and die.

"Come on, get out of bed my sad little emo."

I turn around and narrow my eyes at her.

"I'm not emo."

"You're sure acting like one now." She says and I roll my eyes. "Let's go, up up up!"

Her commands are cut short when the hotel room door opens. Scarlett walks in and slams the door. She doesn't seem to notice us until she looks up.

"What are you losers doing?" She furrowed her eyebrows and crosses her arms over her chest.

"What is your problem?" Natalia asks, mirroring Scarlett's stand.

Scarlett scoffs and throws herself on her bed, grabbing her phone from her back pocket and types away.

Natalia shakes her head and rolls her eyes before turning back to me. "I heard there was a party going on in the pool house tonight after the supervisors fall asleep."

"So?"

Natalia's jaw drops. "We're going, aren't we?"

I shrug and unlock my phone to Finn's Instagram profile. "I don't feel like it."

Suddenly, my phone in yanked out of my hands and I see Natalia looking at the screen.

"Why are you stalking Finn's Instagram?" She shakes her head with her eyebrows pushed together. "I know you don't want to talk about it, but honestly, what happened between you two? I mean, I've never seen you like this before."

"You're right." I start, standing up from the bed. "I don't want to talk about it." Is all I say before walk around her and lock myself in the bathroom.

~~~

"And you're sure Finn won't be here?" I ask again, my heart beating with anxiety as we get closer and closer to the doors.

Seeing Finn tonight was the last thing I wanted.

Natalia rolls her eyes. "Oh my gosh-yes, I'm sure."