Chapter 9 "Oh Mama"

Bella's POV

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked, my voice staggering with anger.

"That is no way to talk to your mother, now is it?" The women I used to love and care about spoke, making my arms begin to shake.

"You are not my mother anymore." My voice was shaking as I tried my hardest to keep my breathing still.

"Belle, what's going on-" I heard James say as he entered the room, but he sounded miles away from me.

I felt his arm on my shoulder, which suddenly brought me back to my living room.

"Zara, go to your room please." James told her.

"But-"

"Go. Now." He told her sternly, making her shut up.

Zara quickly ran up the stairs and we all stayed silent until we heard the door close.

"Aren't you going to invite me in?" She asked as if we never stopped talking.

As if she didn't leave me when I needed her the most.

"No, I want you to leave my house. I want you to leave my property. I want you to leave my life, again." I could feel my blood turning hot, the fire igniting in my soul.

"Don't be so rude, Bella. It's bad enough you didn't tell your own mother you got married." She said as she stepped inside, closing the front door behind her.

"I got married six years ago, to the father of my daughter. You know, the grandchild you didn't want, and the child you didn't want me to have."

She shook her head, as if she was disappointed.

"You were sixteen, Bella. I was scared-"

"You don't think I was scared?" I cut her off, not being able to control the volume of my voice. "I was sixteen and having a baby. I was scared out of my mind."

"I didn't know how to help you-"

"So you thought kicking me to the streets was the better option?" I scoff, a tear slipping my eye as I thought back to those moments in my life. The hurt and the fear I had.

"I didn't have a choice-"

"Of course you did! It's not like I had some disease that was contagious. I was having a baby. I needed you then more than ever, and you tossed me aside like a piece of trash."

"I would do anything for my daughter because I love her more than anyone and anything. If one day she came home and told me she was pregnant, I'd be upset, no doubt. But I would never kick her out of the house and cut all communication with her. I never want her to go through that pain like I had." I took a breath, my heart racing with adrenaline and anger.

I had been bottling that up for sixteen years, and now that it's finally out, it feels like a weight lifted off my shoulders.

"Why are you here now? For the past sixteen years you refused to even acknowledge my existence, so why now?"

She looked down at the ground for a moment, before raising her head again.

"I got fired from my job last week and-"

"Oh." I cut her off. "Oh, I get it. You need money." I chuckle, shaking my head in disbelief. "You think you can cut me from your life for sixteen years and then magically appear and expect money from me? You're a real piece of work, you know that?"

There was a long silence, tension so thick you could cut it with a knife.

She looked down at the ground once more, before looking back up at me. Her eyes were glossed over with tears.

"I'm sorry." She whispered. I searched her eyes for any hint that she was telling the truth, but it seemed she was trying to play me.

"I think it's best if you leave." I tell her.

She nods slowly before turning around and exiting my house.

As the front door closes, I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in. Then, I let it all out.

I collapse to the floor, my face buried in my hands as I let out all the pain and anger I built up inside me for the last sixteen years.

~~~

A.N~

Chapter 9 is written and published. Hope you all enjoyed it. <3

Follow my social media's, links in bio. :)

Questions:

-What do you think will happen next?

-What's your opinion on this chapter?

-Who's your favorite character?