Chapter Part 13 "Like Mother Like Daughter"

"Cupcake!" I heard the annoying voice call from behind me, triggering the reaction to roll my eyes.

I didn't even have to turn around to see the entire hallway watching us.

"Damn, you walk fast." Finn huffed once he finally reached Natalia and I. I didn't stop walking, though. "Where are you going in such a hurry?"

"Lunch, obviously. It's Taco Tuesday and I'm not trying to miss out." I told him in all seriousness and he laughs.

"You're something else, cupcake." He chuckles. I could hear the smile in his voice, but I was in too much of a rush to look at him.

"Cupcake?" Natalia asks, looking between us with furrowed brows.

"Oh, please don't start." I groan, turning to see Natalia's amused smile. She knew better than to laugh, though.

"Awe, is cupcake grumpy?" She teased and I glared at her.

"She's just upset that we're the popular couple now." Finn said, lazily wrapping his arm around my neck, letting his hand rest on my right side.

"Excuse me?" I snap my head towards him, trying to process the words he just spoke.

"Oh, didn't you hear? The whole school is talking about our 'hookup'." He wiggled his eyebrows at me with a mischievous smirk.

"Oh god." I groan, rubbing my face with my hands as we inch closer to the doors of the cafeteria. "Never in a million years."

"Way to hurt my self-esteem, Cupcake." Finn smirked and I heard Natalia stifle a laugh.

I roll my eyes and push open the doors. Immediately, the entire population of the room turned to look at us.

I ignored them, walking towards the lunch line.

All I wanted was my tacos and some privacy.

Is that too much to ask?

I quickly grab my lunch and exit the line, Finn and Natalia following me.

I find the usual table I sit at and take a seat, Natalia sitting across from me. To my dismay, Finn took the seat next to me.

"Don't you have friends to sit with? Wheres Harvey?" I ask him, noticing the familiar playful smirk fall into a frown. He quickly covered it with a smirk.

"Harvey doesn't have this lunch, I usually eat in the library." I was about to ask him why, when a clearing of a throat was heard from my left.

I turn to look at the person interrupting our conversation, when I'm greeted by a cold liquid being poured on my head.

By the familiar smell, I can tell it's Coca Cola.

"What the hell?" I screech, standing up from my seat as the liquid ran down my clothes, dripping onto the floor.

"Whoops." I heard the person say. I wipe the soda from my eyes and see Scarlett standing before me with a victorious smirk and an empty soda can in her hands. "Sorry, I didn't see you there." She said innocently, taking a step closer to me before whispering: "Maybe you shouldn't steal people's boyfriends."

The blood in my veins rose in temperature as I heard those words leave her stupid little mouth. The muscles in my arms tense up and I clenched my hands into fists. I am fuming.

"You fucking bitch!" I yell, preparing my body to jump on her full force. I throw my arm up to hit her face, when I'm suddenly grabbed by the waist and pulled back.

The person lifts me off the ground and I literally kick my legs in hope to be put down.

"Zara, calm down." Finn whispered in my ear as I tried to rip his hands from my waist.

For some reason, my body listened to his words and I released my fists.

His touched still burned on my skin, but I was too angry to dwell on it.

"What the fuck is your problem?" I snap at the bitch standing just a couple steps away from me.

If only I could reach my hand-

"My problem?" Scarlett started. "You're my problem, you skank."

"You better watch your mouth you little cu-"

"Woah woah woah." I heard a different voice say, causing everyone's head's to snap in their direction. The principal was speed walking towards us, a frantic look on his face. "What in the world is going on here?"

"This bitch poured a soda on me." I snapped, still struggling to get out of Finn's grip.

"Language, Miss Thomas." He scolds and I roll my eyes. "Is this true, Miss Hampton?"

"Of course not, Mr Fisher." Scarlett started, putting on her fake sad face that made me angry. "I was walking to my table when I bumped into Sara-"

"It's Zara." I correct her through gritted teeth.

"Right. When I bumped into her, my soda spilled. I immediately apologized and she went off on me."

"Stop lying you bitch-"

"That's it, both of you in my office. Now." Mr Fisher interrupted, looking between the two of us with a stern glare.

Both Scarlett and I fell silent as he started walking towards the doors.

I yank my arms from Finn's grip and am finally set free, narrowing my eyes at him before walking away.

~~~

Bella's POV

"You've got to be kidding me." I mutter, looking at my phone for the hundredth time in a couple seconds.

When the front doors of the school opened, I let out a relieved breath.

"Finally, it took you long enough." I told James as he ran towards me.

"Sorry, it took a while to get out of work." He huffed, trying to catch his breath. "What's wrong? Is Zara okay?" He asked worryingly.

"Yes, she's fine but she was called to the principal's office." I tell him and his eyes widened.

"What happened?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Beats me. Fisher told me to call you so we could 'talk'."

"Ugh, that man never changed." James smirked and I chuckled.

"Some things never change." I tell him and he smiles. "Alright, let's go."

We walk down the hallway until we reached the principal's office, pulling open the door.

Zara was sitting in one of the chairs in front of the principal's desk, covered in some sort of liquid that mattered her hair down messily. Fisher was sitting behind the desk, his hands folded neatly on it. Another girl, who looked slightly familiar, sat next to Zara.

"We're here." I announce, walking behind Zara's chair with James right next to me. "What happened?"

"Well, we're still waiting on Miss Hampton's mother."

Where have I heard that name before?

Just as the thought passes through my mind, the door opened again and walked in someone I never thought I'd see again.

"Ugh, sorry I'm late. Traffic was terrible." Michelle said, closing the door behind her. She looked up and smiled an evil smile that made me shutter. "Oh, hello Bella and James."

~~~

A.N~

Oh. Em. Gee...

Chapter 13 is written and published. Hope you all enjoyed it. <3

Follow my social media's, all links are in my bio. :)

Questions:

-What do you think will happen next?

-What's your opinion on this chapter?

-Who's your favorite character?