Chapter 23 "Sweetheart"

Finn's POV

"My boyfriend." Zara's shaky voice squeaked.

I've never seen her so scared before. Zara is the most confident, carefree, fearless person I've ever met.

But that guy, he broke everything inside her just by standing there.

"You're what?" I ask, my thoughts scattered in my brain.

Zara Thomas does not date.

"I have to get to class." She dodged my question, turning to leave.

I quickly grab her elbow, halting her.

"Zara-"

"Get off me!" She snapped, turning around as a tear slips from her eye.

I quickly drop her arm, taking a step back and raising my hands in surrender.

Her face drops from anger to sadness, her chest rising and falling heavily. She went to open her mouth but quickly closed it before running down the hallway.

"What the hell is she talking about?" I turn to Natalia, who looks just as confused as I am.

"I-I-I" She blinks a couple times, turning to look at me. "I don't know."

Before I could respond, the bell rang and everyone began to scatter, murmuring to each other.

"I have to get to class, I'll see you guys later." I tell him, walking away.

"Finn!" I heard Harvey yell my name, but I ignored him and kept walking.

I kept walking until I passed the class I was supposed to be in, past the main office, past my locker.

Once I reached the end of the hall, I saw the person I was looking for going to exit the building.

"Hey." I yelled once I stopped, my breathing heavy from running so fast.

He turned around slowly, a smirk appearing on his face as he saw me.

"Who the hell are you and what business do you have with Zara?" I asked, watching him carefully.

I wanted to smack that cocky smirk off his face.

"I don't think that's any of your business." He answered.

I ran up to him, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt and slamming him against the left wall.

"Don't give me that bullshit." I spoke, my voice rising in anger.

He laughs, watching me with amusement in his eyes.

"Calm down, Finn Rider. No need to be hostile here." He smirked.

"How do you know my name?"

"How could I not? Your uncle runs the most successful gang in the city."

"How the hell do you know that?" I yell.

"Cool it, lover boy." He spits seriously.

"Gentleman, is there a problem?" A different voice cuts in from behind me.

I turn my head to see Mrs Thomas standing by a wall, watching us carefully.

"No, Mrs Thomas. Just catching up with an old friend." I answer her, dropping my hands to my side.

"Stay the hell away from Zara." I whisper to him, staring him in his cold blue eyes. They didn't seem to have any other emotion in them other then humor.

"No promises, Rider." He smirks, adjusting his shirt before exiting the building.

I felt the anger boiling in my stomach rise up my throat until I lifted my hand and punched the closest set of lockers.

I swear under my breath as my hand begins to sting, turning around slowly to see Mrs Thomas still standing by the wall, a look of concern on her face.

~~~

Zara's POV

I jolt in my seat as the bell rang to leave class.

Everyone around me began to scatter like ants, pushing through each other to get to the door.

Despite my racing heart, I quickly gather my things and push my way out of the classroom.

I started walking towards the school exit, but it soon turned into a run.

I needed to get out of here, now.

At any moment he could appear and...

I squeeze my eye shut for a second, shaking the memories away.

I push open the doors, taking in a deep breath of fresh air. I finally felt like I could breathe.

All I need to do it get home, and I'll be safe.

I begin running through the parking lot, trying my best to avoid getting hit my a car pulling out.

I'm about to take a step forward when a car swiftly backs out of the parking spot, blocking my pathway to the street.

The driver slowly rolls his window down and my breath catches in my throat when I see Parker's infamous smirk.

"Get in, sweetheart." He commanded, his perfectly white teeth sparkling in the sunlight.

"I-I have a lot of homework to do-"

"I said, get in the fucking car." He told me again, his voice lower but filled with impatience.

I swallow the lump in my throat and quickly walked around the car before getting in the passenger seat.

He rolls up the windows and locks the doors before quickly speeding off into the street.

"I've missed you sweetheart." He told me, glancing at me while he drives. "You missed me too, right?"

I nod, my throat suddenly drying up like a desert.

"Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere for a long time. Now we can be together again." He smirked, placing his hand on my upper thigh and giving it a squeeze.

He pulls the car to a stop in front of my house and he turns his body to face me.

"I'll see you tomorrow, sweetheart."  He smiles, leaning over and smashing his lips on mine.

I freeze, not being able to move. I want to push him off of me, but it was as if I stuck in place.

He pulls back, smirking as he unlocks the door.

I quickly get out of the car and run to the door, almost dropping the keys with my trembling hands.

Once I'm safely in my room with the door locked, I collapse on the floor and break all over again.

~~~

A.N~

Ugh, this chapter sucks. ;(

I'll do better next time, promise.

Chapter 23 is written and published. Hope you all enjoyed! <3

*Follow my social media's, all links are in my bio. :)

Questions:

-What do you think will happen next?

-What's your opinion on the story line so far?

-Who's your favorite character?