Chapter 44 "Do You Love Her?"

James's POV

"Alright, that's enough of the gooey shit. You have twelve hours to hand Bella over or she gets it." I could hear the venom in his voice even through the phone.

"Zara-" I try to call out to her, but the line went dead before I could even finish the word.

I could feel my body run hot and in a fit a rage, I grab the phone from the stand before turning around and throwing it against the wall. Megan let out a yelp and Delilah screamed.

My daughter needs me. She's hurt. She's scared and I can't do anything. My princess is in danger and I have no idea where she is.

I stumble my way to the couch as the first tear slips from my eyes before I collapse, holding my face with my hands.

There were no words spoken, my sobs being the only sound echoing in the room.

"Finn," I heard Megan's voice call out from in the kitchen. "You have to have some idea as to where he took her, right?"

There silence for a second. "No, I don't. But I can't just sit around here and wait for the police. We're going to have to take this into our own hands."

I lift my head from the couch to see Finn grabbing a hold of the doorknob.

"Where are you going?" I question, sitting up on the couch.

"To my house to look for clues, would you watch Lucy for me?" He asked, his eyes looked behind me to the girls in the kitchen.

"I'm coming with you." I announce, standing up from the couch and wiping a tear that slid down my cheek.

"James." The broken voice made my heart shatter in my chest.

I turn around in hesitance, afraid to see her face. She has her own tears streaming down her cheeks and her once bright eyes were now dark and cloudy. My heart ached to make her smile.

"I'll be back soon, okay?" I tell her once I reach her, kneeling down so we're face to face.

"I'm scared. What if he-"

"Hey," I cut her off, grabbing the sides of her face gently. "Don't think like that. We're going to have our baby girl in our arms again soon. I promise."

Her eyes dashed between mine. I could tell she was trying to believe me but she was having trouble. A few more tears slid down her cheeks and I wiped them away.

"I love you so much." She whispered to me as her bottom lip quivered, taking in a shaky breath.

"I love you so much more." She squeezed her eyes shut and I kissed her cheek. "Try not to stress, it's not good for our baby." I whisper to her and she nods her head, taking in another shaky breath.

I stand up and turn back around to Finn, who was watching us with curious eyes.

"Let's go." I tell him.

~~~

Finn puts the key in the lock of the front door, twisting it until we hear the little click sound. He shoves the key back in his pocket and pushes the door open. In front of us was a long hallway, rows of doors on either side.

"Where do you think we should look first?" I ask Finn as she shut the door.

"Probably his office. He never lets anybody in there so I'm sure he's hiding something." I nod my head as Finn starts towards the stairs.

He turns a couple of times until he stops at a door at the very end of the hall. He jiggles the doorknob but it doesn't open. I was about to lose hope of getting inside, when he gets on his knees and sticks a bobby pin he had in his pocket inside the lock.