Chapter 46 "The Beginning of the End"

Zara's POV

The pain was becoming overwhelming. All I wanted to do was lay in my bed, in my room and sleep.

At this point, I wouldn't mind if it was forever.

I was losing hope. The sun had completely gone down, making the small room I was in pitch black other than the moonlight peeking in through the window.

Full moon.

My wrists started to burn a couple hours ago. It was irritating, but now I want to cry. My stomach was growling like a lion for food, but I haven't eaten in twenty-four hours.

I think I fainted from the pain a little after Kyle smashed my knee, but I'm not sure. The past few hours have been a blur.

I haven't seen Kyle in hours and I have no idea where he is. Every creek of the house, I fear he's returned with something far worse than a bat.

I wonder what Finn is doing right now. Does he know Kyle has me? Surely he does. What if Kyle is at home right now, pretending like he doesn't have me captured in the middle of nowhere, and Finn has no idea?

What's it matter, anyway? He thinks I hate him.

I really wish I did hate him, because that would be so much easier. But I could never hate him, and that irritates me more than anything. I've fallen hard for him and it scares the shit out of me.

I wonder how the police haven't found me yet. Unless my parents didn't call them. What if they think this is a great opportunity to get rid of me?

Don't talk stupid, Zara. Your parents love you.

I think I'm losing my mind.

I wonder what my parents made for dinner.

What if they ordered pizza from my favorite place? Maybe my dad made tacos for one of my mom's cravings.

What if I'm never found and my baby brother or sister will never know I ever existed?

I wonder what they'll look like. Will they have brown eyes like me and my dad, or blue eyes like my mom? Will they have the same sense of adventure like me and aunt Abby? Or will they be more shy like my parents? Maybe they'll be a genius and go to college for something like engineering or medicine.

Will my parents have another kid to replace me, or will they treat the new baby as their first?

When I hear the creaking of the wooden floorboards, I peel my eyes open. I hadn't realized I closed them.

The door swings open, but my body feels too weak to move. I knew it was him, though, and my heart started to race.

"I'm surprised you haven't bled out yet." He chuckled. "I brought you food, not that you'll be able to eat it." He laughed again.

My vision was blurry, but from my peripherals I notice him opening a plastic bag while slowly walking towards me.

"I guess I'll just have to eat it for you." He crouched down in front of the mattress, holding a sub in his hands.

He took a giant bite out of it, looking me directly in my eyes, moaning loudly as he chewed. My stomach my started to pain me when it growled.

"This is a good sandwich." He mumbled between chews.

I hate him. I hate him more than I've hated anything in my entire life.

I hate him more than math.

"Hello?" A voice that was neither of ours called out, making us both freeze.

Oh my God, my dad is here. I'm finally going to be saved from this nightmare.