Chapter 7

Monica's POV

"Thank you Mikey! See ya on Monday" I said hopping out of his car, "Bye Monica, have fun at Ashton's!" Michael shouted after me, I flipped him off while laughing and fumbling with the key to my house.

Finally getting inside, I ran to my room to change, I decided on wearing a black skater skirt with a white top tucked into it, I put on white converse and brushed through my hair.

I checked my phone hand had a text from Luke, Ashton and my mum.

From Luke: are you going to Ashton's tonight?!?

From Ashton: i'll pick you up at 5 babe xx

From mum: I left you some money if you need it, its in the usual place, love you x

To Luke: yeah, do you have a problem with that?

To Ashton: alright ash, text me when you're outside or come to the door xx

To mum: okay mum, love you x

From Luke: don't you think you're rushing things, Monica, you've only started dating.

To Luke: I'm only going to his house for dinner Luke, and you're the one who told me to ask him to stay over! Which I didn't ask him.

From Luke: oh

I sighed and sat on my bed waiting for Ashton to come pick me up.

There was a knock at the door and I went to answer it, and there stood Ashton, "Hey ash" I said smiling, "Hey babe" he said kissing me lightly, "Ready?" he asked, I nodded as we left to go to his car.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" Ashton asked, I shrugged, "Why?" I asked, "I just wanted to know if you wanted to go out tomorrow?" he asked, "Yeah, sure" I said smiling, "Great" he said just as we pulled up to his house.

"I never knew you lived here" I said, "Not many people know where I live" he said shrugging, "Except girls you've slept with" I mumbled, not expecting him to hear me, but he did, "Monica I thought you were over this jealous thing" he said, "I am" I said, "It doesn't sound like it" he stated, "Look can we just go and have dinner and not argue?" I asked, "Lets go then" he said getting out of the car, I opened my door and stepped out to see Ashton waiting on me.

Huh, he usually always opens my door for me.

I really have to stop expecting so much from him.

He's just a normal 16 year old boy.

I have to stop expecting him to be a perfect gentleman.

I walked up beside Ashton and we got to his house, "After you" Ashton said gesturing for me to go first. I smiled and walked inside, I felt Ashton standing behind me, "Follow me" he said, leading me to the kitchen.

"Mum, this is Monica, Monica, this is my mum" Ashton introduced us, "Hi! Its nice to meet you" I said smiling, "You too! Im Anne-Marie, I've heard so much about you from Ashton" his mum said, I looked at Ashton and smirked at him, "So, Ashton, you've been talking about me?" I asked once we sat at the dining table, "Yeah, I was telling my mum about how annoying and terrible you were, I told her to be nice though" Ashton teased, his smirk growing on his face, I giggled and pulled my phone out to check if I had any texts from my mum.

I had one from Luke.

From Luke: you better be staying at your own house tonight Monica.

Who does he think he is?

Ashton must have saw the look that appeared on my face because he looked at my phone, "Does he think he can control you?" Ashton asked laughing, "I know! If I want to stay out, then I will" I stated, sending him a text back.

To Luke: who are you to tell me where I can and can't stay? You won't even know anyway. If I want to stay out, then I will. It's got nothing to do with you Luke.

From Luke: I'm only looking out for you Monica.

To Luke: bullshit. I know you don't like Ashton, but I do. and you're going to have to deal with that.

He didn't reply after that and I saw a smug look appear on Ashton's face, he must have saw the texts.

"Dinner is out, Monica, I hope you like chicken" Ashton's mum said, I smiled, "Yeah, chicken is nice" I said, she smiled as she placed a plate down in front of me, "Thank you" I said politely as we all began eating.

"That was amazing" I said, "Yeah, thanks mum, it was" Ashton said smiling at his mother, "No problem, Monica, you're welcome here any time" Anne Marie said as she smiled at me, I smiled, "Thank you" I said, "We'll be upstairs, mum" Ashton said, "Okay" his mum said as she tidied up.

"Are you going home tonight?" Ashton asked, I looked around his room and then down at my feet, "Uh, yeah" I said, "Oh. Okay, I can take you whenever you want" he said, I nodded as I lay back on his bed, "I never thought you would be the tidy type, I pictured your room to be messy" I said giggling, "Well usually I am, but my mum made me tidy it since you were coming over" he said laughing.

He lay down next to me and pulled me into his chest, I looked up and smiled at him as he crashed his lips to mine, he flipped us over so he was above me, his hands roamed my body but I pulled back, "Im not ready Ashton, I'm sorry" I stated, something filled his eyes for a second, but disappeared and he nodded, "Im sorry too, I should of know you weren't ready" he said, it became a bit awkward as we were both sitting there on his bed.

I coughed slightly before standing up, "I, uh, I think I should maybe go home now" I said, "Yeah, i'll drop you off" Ashton said, standing up and leading me downstairs towards the front door, we passed Ashton's mum and she stopped us, "Are you going home Monica?" she asked, "Yeah, thank you again for dinner Anne Marie, it was really nice" I said, "No problem, I guess I'll see you again" she said, I nodded as Ashton lead me to his car.

We sat in a comfortable silence for the 5 minute journey to my house, I unbuckled my seatbelt and turned to face Ashton, "Goodnight Ashton" I said smiling as I pecked his lips, "Night babe" Ashton said as I turned around to leave, not before getting a slap on the bum from Ashton, I giggled as I got into my house and lay on the couch, falling asleep instantly.