Chapter 36

Monica's POV

It had been two days since Amelia was born, and two days I had been stuck in this hospital while tests were being fulfilled and we were being checked, and since I was young and Amelia was a few days early, we had to be observed.

It was annoying.

I just wanted out of here.

I wanted to be out and enjoy being a mum.

I wanted to be able to bottle feed my daughter, not watch some nurse do it for me.

I wanted to change her nappy, not watch someone else do it for me.

I wanted to do all these things for myself, or have Luke do them, I didn't want to watch someone else take care of my daughter for me.

"Monica, you and Amelia are being let out today" the midwife said coming into the room, "Really? Thank god" I said, "Yeah, Luke's here to see you two" she said as Luke walked in, "How are you feeling?" Luke asked, "Perfect" I said smiling, "I brought you chocolates" he said hanging me the box of chocolates, "Thank you Luke" I said opening them, "Do you want one?" I asked handing him the box so he could take one out.

"When am I allowed to leave?" I asked, "I'll be back in five minutes, do you have an outfit for Amelia to wear?" the midwife asked Luke, "Oh yeah, I brought it" Luke said handing her the bag as she left.

"I can't wait to leave this place" I said, "I know, it will be so much better" Luke said, I nodded, "I just can't wait to be able to hold Amelia whenever I like, to be able to feed and dress her myself, just to be able to be an actual mum to her, and not watch someone else do it for me" I said, "Its gonna be great, we'll be great parents" Luke said, I giggled and nodded.

"And she has the perfect uncles, and grandparents" I said, "Who's her uncles?" Luke asked, "Michael, Ashton and Calum obviously" I said giggling, he chuckled, "Oh yeah, uncle Mikey says he misses you and can't wait to see Amelia" he said, "I just can't wait to go get a McDonald's" I said, Luke chuckled, "Of course that's what you miss" he said as he pecked my lips.

A few minutes later the midwife appeared with Amelia in her arms, "Do you have a car seat in your car?" She asked, "Yeah, we've got it all sorted and ready" Luke said, "Then here's your baby, you're free to go, and I will be out every few days to check and see how you're getting on, i'll be in touch" she said as she walked us to the exit of the building, "Have fun being parents" she said laughing, she was a nice girl, only about 23, and was genuinely nice, it wasn't fake.

Luke and I walked to the car, Amelia was in my arms in a blanket and was sleeping so peacefully, she was beautiful.

"Luke I don't have a clue how to work this" I said giggling, "Let me see" Luke said, "Give me her" he said, I handed him Amelia, he took her gently and placed her inside the car seat, buckling up what he had to buckle up and then stood back, "How the hell do you know how to do that?" I asked, "I read the instructions earlier today so I knew how to do it" he said laughing as we got in the car.

He drove home and we went into my house where my mum and dad, Luke's mum and dad, Michael, Ashton and Calum were all sitting waiting for us.

"Hi everyone" I said, "How are you feeling honey?" my dad asked, "Im great, I'm healthy, Amelia is great and super healthy, we're both fine" I said smiling, "Thats great, is she sleeping?" my mum asked, "Yeah, I'm just gonna go put her in her crib, does anyone wanna hold her first?" I asked, Liz stood up and came over, she took her from my hands and smiled down at the baby, she had tears in her eyes, "Mum, stop crying" Luke said, "I can't help it" Liz said, "She's so beautiful, Monica I'm so proud of you, I can't believe you went through labour and haven't complained about it" she said, I giggled, "It was painful" I said, Liz handed Amelia to my mum who held her.

Eventually everyone held her for a few moments before handing her back to me, "I can't take her upstairs, I'm scared, I can barely walk upstairs on my own, Luke you'll have to take her" I said, Luke chuckled and took her from my arms, walking upstairs with our baby in his arms.

I'll never get tired of hearing/saying that.

Our baby.

It just sounded so great.

Like I actually have something to be proud of.

I made a baby. A very beautiful, healthy baby.

And I couldn't be any happier.

-I have to end this soon, I don't know how to end it, how could I end it?-