Chapter 18

Monica's POV

"I will beat you Luke" I said, "Monica I know you're good at bowling, we used to go all the time, remember?" Luke said, "Im just reminding you I'm gonna win" I said giggling as we paid and got to the bowling lane.

We changed our shoes into the bowling ones and set up the thing with our names on it, the boys put me last. I told them it was because they were scared I would win, but they said it was because I was a girl and they wanted all the boys to go first.

"Young Monica I will beat you" Michael said, "Michael you wouldn't be able to best me if I closed my eyes and bowled" I said giggling, "Oh! You got burned" Calum said, causing me to giggle even more, "Come on Michael it's your turn" Luke said, "Show us what you're made of Mikey" I said slapping his back as he walked up, he turned around to face me, "You won't be like this when I kick your ass" he said, I giggled as he took his shot.

"Yes! Get in there! Beat that Monica!" Michael shouted as he got a strike, "Damn you Michael" I grumbled as I stood up to take my shot, "As long as I beat Luke I'm happy" I said walking towards the lane with my bowling ball, I took my shot, knocking over all of the pins, "Yes!" I shouted, I turned around and saw Michael glaring at me, I giggled and went and sat on the bench while Calum took his shot, he got a strike too.

"Great one, I'm the only one who hasn't had a strike" Luke said as he went to take his shot, he knocked down 7 pins, I started laughing, "Hey Luke, what size of maid outfit do you wear? I have a great idea in mind" I said giggling, "Not telling you" he said taking his second shot, he knocked the 3 pins down, earning a spare.

"Mikey you're up!" Calum said, "Michael kick her ass, it doesn't look as if I will" Luke said to Michael as he took his shot, getting another strike.

"Damn you Michael" I said again as he sat down with a smug look on his face, I stood up and took my shot, aiming it perfectly down the middle, hitting every pin, "Boom" I said as I sat next to Michael, "God dammit Monica why are you so good at bowling?" Michael said, "I don't know Mikey, I don't know" I said giggling.

After the game ended we looked at the scores, I beat Michael by 2 points, "Damn you Monica" Michael said, I giggled, "In your face" I said, Luke came last and Calum 3rd, "Well Luke, it looks like you're going to have to do whatever I say for a full day, when should we start? Today? Or tomorrow? Your choice" I said, he sighed and I giggled, "Tomorrow is fine" he mumbled, I smiled and sat in the car next to Calum.

*

"Luke get me a drink" I said, "Yes your majesty" Luke said laughing as he walked into the kitchen and came back in with a glass of coke, "Oh, can you massage my feet?" I asked giggling loudly, "You're taking this too far now Monica" Luke said laughing, "Please? For me?" I asked pouting, he sighed and sat down and started massaging my feet.

Luke's POV

I am a sucker for everything she does.

I can't help myself.

I want to ask her to be mine already.

But she's not ready for a relationship.

And I don't want to ruin our friendship, we've just been reunited after weeks and weeks of not talking.

I don't want to risk it just yet.

So I bottle everything up and vent by writing a song.

Monica's POV

"Okay you can stop being my slave now" I said to Luke, he chuckled and sat next to me on the couch, I turned to face him and didn't realise how close we were, we both started leaning in until our lips were almost touching.

"Hey honey--sorry am I interrupting?" my mum asked, making us both jump apart, "No!" I said, "Im, uh, I'm gonna head home. I'll, uh, i'll see you tomorrow morning" Luke said rushing out.

Oh god.

I almost kissed my best friend.

I don't know what's worse, the fact I almost kissed him, or the fact I wanted to kiss him.