Chapter 11

Monica's POV

I felt the tears coming. I pulled my phone out and called Ashton, "What's wrong babe? Im in class right now?" he whispered, "Can-you-come get me?" I asked through tears, "Babe? Where are you?" he asked, "Outside the girls bathrooms near gym" I said, "Im on my way" he said hanging up, I smiled as I sat on the ground waiting for Ashton to come for me.

"Babe?" Ashton called out, "Im here" I said, he came rushing over to me and cradled me in his arms, "What's wrong?" he asked, "Luke started a big argument with me and told me not to talk to him again until I realised what was more important to me" I said, "He's basically making me choose between you or him" I added, "Maybe its for the best" Ashton said, "How can you say that? Either way I lose someone important to me" I said wiping away the tears, "Come on" he said helping me up, "Will you take me home?" I asked, he nodded, "I thought you didn't skip?" he asked smirking, "This is an exception" I stated before following him out to his car.

"Are you gonna choose between us?" Ashton asked, "I don't know" I answered truthfully.

I didn't.

I would either lose my best friend from I was like 2 or my boyfriend that I really like.

Even though Ashton and I have only been dating a week and it seems ridiculous that I would even consider choosing him over Luke, I did have a connection with Ashton.

I really did like him.

And now I had to choose between him and Luke.

I shouldn't have to do this.

I'm 16, I should be out having fun.

I should be having a laugh with my best friend without worrying about my boyfriend being jealous.

And I should be hanging out with my boyfriend without my best friend being over protective.

I should be doing these things. But I'm not.

I'm sitting in my boyfriends car crying while thinking who I should choose or what I should do.

"I'll call you later, yeah?" I said to Ashton, he nodded as I left, simple that.

No goodbye.

No kiss.

And thankfully, no ass slap.

I unlocked the door and texted my mum.

To mum: I've came home from school cause I feel sick, okay? xx

She replied within seconds.

From mum: are you okay? do you want me to come home? xx

To mum: ill be okay, its fine, stay at work, ill be fine xx

From mum: call me if you need me xx

I smiled and sat on the couch with a cup of tea and a biscuit while watching 'the last song'.

I set my cup down and checked my phone, I had two messages.

From Luke: choose me or Ashton. I can't keep going on like this, Monica. it's either me or him. choose wisely.

From Ashton: I'm with Luke on this one. it's me or him. you can't have us both.

I let the tears fall freely down my face.

How was I ever going to choose?

Luke's POV

I didn't want to make Monica choose between me and Ashton.

But it felt like the only way to get her back to me again.

It felt like the only logical way of us going back to the way we were before.

That's if she chooses me.

She will choose me, won't she?

I've known her for like 14 years, she's know Ashton a week and a bit.

She had to choose me.

Unless she really loves Ashton.