Chapter 10

Monica's POV

I woke up the next day with a banging headache, I decided I was going to leave everyone today and just have a lazy day.

Just me.

No Luke.

No Ashton.

No drama.

No arguments.

Just laziness and films.

I had a text from Ashton.

From Ashton: wanna come over and hang today? xx

To Ashton: I'm having a lazy day on my own today, ill see you tomorrow xx

From Ashton: oh, okay xx

And that was all I heard of him all day.

I didn't hear from Luke whatsoever.

I spent the full day watching chick flicks and comedies, not even bothering with my phone or checking if I had any texts, which I didn't anyway.

It was around 11 pm and I texted Ashton.

To Ashton: will you pick me up tomorrow morning for school? xx

From Ashton: what about Luke? xx

To Ashton: I'm pissed at him and he's pissed at me. best just have time apart for now, see ya tomorrow xx

From Ashton: okay, night xx

I wonder what happened to the goodnight texts he used to send me?

I fell asleep after about ten minutes and didn't even bother turning my light off. My mum will, if she checks on me when she goes to bed, she always does that.

I woke up to my alarm blaring through my phone and sighed, I sat up and rubbed my eyes before getting up and heading to the bathroom, brushing my teeth, washing my face and doing the a pee then washing my hands.

I came out of the bathroom and went to get changed into my uniform, applying make up and straightening my hair, satisfied that I was ready to go, I text Ashton telling him I was ready and then I walked downstairs to wait on him.

He texted me saying he was outside and I left, shouting a quick 'goodbye' to my mum and dad before walking out, I saw Luke walking out of his house and our eyes met, I looked away and walked to Ashton's car, "Hey babe" he said kissing me on the lips, "Hey Ashton" I said when I pulled back, "What's with the death glares we're getting from Luke?" Ashton asked while staring in the rear view mirror, I looked back and saw exactly what he was talking about, "I don't know, I don't care either" I said as Ashton drove away.

We pulled up at school at the same time as Luke, when we got out we walked past him, I didn't even give him a second glance, I could feel his eyes burn into the back of my head.

"Ugh I have gym first" I said, "I would ask you to skip but I know you won't" Ashton said, "Nope. Im not skipping" I said, "That's what I said" he said laughing, we just made small talk until the bell went, which was after about five minutes, "Bye babe, see you at lunch" Ashton said slapping my ass as I walked past him, I really gotta tell him to quit doing that, it was getting annoying now.

I made my way to the changing rooms and changed into my short, top and converse and then headed to the gym hall where I saw Michael standing with Luke, he ushered me over and I sighed but walked towards him, "Hey Michael" I said smiling, "Hi Luke" I mumbled, "Hey Monica, so we're doing football(soccer) again today and I don't wanna" Michael said, "Me either" I said sighing, "Im gonna go play the 'I have bad cramp' trick on him and see if it works" I said giggling, "You'll start laughing" Michael said as I walked towards the teacher.

"Hey sir, I can't really do gym today" I said, "And why not miss Taylor? Do you have bad cramp again? Or are you wanting to make up a new excuse?" he asked, "Yeah, it's that cramp again" I said trying to hold my giggles in, I really was a bad liar.

"I'm not buying it, Taylor, get to the side with everyone else" he said, I grunted, and sulked my way over to Luke and Michael who apparently found this funny.

"He's a bastard" I said giggling, "Taylor! Williams! You are captains" the teacher yelled, I sighed and stood up next to Meghan Williams. She was a bitch.

"So Monica I hear you're dating Ashton? How amazing is he in bed?" she asked giggling too loudly and in a squeakily way, "I wouldn't know, I haven't had sex with him" I stated, "Why not?" she asked, "I don't want to just lose my virginity with a guy I've been going out with for a week" I said, probably shouldn't have told her I was a virgin. Great one Monica.

"You're a virgin? Oh my God! Just wait until everyone finds that out! The Monica Taylor, a virgin?" she said laughing, I sighed. There goes any reputation I had.

"Start choosing!" the teacher yelled, "Luke Hemmings" Meghan said, at least I have an excuse for not picking him.

"Michael" I said.

We went on this way, choosing a person each, until there was nobody left.

"Game on!" the teacher yelled after she have Meghan's team the bibs to wear and blowing the whistle.

Once again, Michael and I didn't participate, we just laughed and pushed each other.

Clearly we hated gym with a passion.

*

"Monica can I ask you something?" Luke asked before I could leave his sight, "What?" I asked bitterly, "Do you love Ashton?" he asked, "What? I've been dating him for a week or something, of course not" I said, wow that sounded rude.

"Does he really make you happy? Or is are you dating him just because its the Ashton Irwin who is totally popular?" he asked, "What kind of question is that Luke? Yes he makes me happy" I said, "But does he truly make you happy? Do you get this bubbly feeling inside of you when someone mentions his name? Do you get excited when you're hanging out with him or making plans to hang out with him? Do you get tingles when you touch? Do you actually see yourself with him in the future?" he asked, "Its none of your business Luke!" I yelled, "You're throwing away our friendship over him Monica! Don't you realise that? You're throwing away something that means so damn much to me, and I thought it meant a lot to you too, I guess I was wrong, until you realise what means more to you, don't talk to me" he said before walking away from me, leaving me with the crowds of people staring at me.