Chapter 22

Monica's POV

"Sounding good" I said smiling, "What did my mum want?" Ashton asked once they finished, "She thought I was still with you and asked why I was here after what you done to me, but I explained everything to her" I said, he nodded.

"Oh, I could get you guys a gig at the pub my dad works at" I said, "You could? That would be amazing" Michael said, I nodded, "I'll call and ask him" I said dialling my dads number.

"Hey honey, I'm at work right now" y dad said, "Yeah I know, is your work still looking for entertainment?" I asked, "Yes, why? Do you know anyone?" he asked, "Yes, Luke, Michael, Calum and Ashton, they're in a band and they are quite good" I said, "Okay, i'll ask my boss, how does Saturday sound?" he said, "I'll ask them" I said, "And i'll ask my boss" he said, "Ill call you back" he added and hung up.

"My dad said he's gonna talk to his boss but how does next Saturday sound?" I said, "Perfect! And that gives Luke here some time to finish his song" Michael said eyeing up Luke, who nodded shyly.

My phone started ringing again and I answered it, "Saturday is great, what's their band name?" my dad asked, "I don't know, i'll ask them" I said, "Guys, what's the name of the band?" I asked, "Oh, we don't have a name yet" Calum said, "Dad, they don't have one yet, they'll have one for tomorrow" I told my dad before hanging up.

"Start thinking of names and practising. You have a week" I said smiling, "I should totally be your manager and when you get famous i'll come on tour with you all" I said giggling, "You can be our manager all you want Monica, but we won't become famous" Luke said, "But promise me that if you guys do become famous, promise me you won't ever leave me here, promise me you will take me with you" I said, looking each and every one of them in the eyes.

I was being deadly serious.

"We promise" they all said, I smiled as I watched them practice more songs.

*

"I can't believe this is happening! We're performing live for the first time ever" Ashton said, "I will be in that crowd. First row. I'm gonna be the biggest 5 seconds of summer fan ever" I said giggling and hugging them all, "Good luck guys, you'll do great, I hope you do well" I said before I left to go to the pub, picking a table right next to the stage.

I didn't care that I was sitting there myself. I didn't care how stupid I looked.

I was supporting the boys. They were my best friends.

"Now we are welcoming a new band to the stage. This is 5 seconds of summer" the presenter guy said, and all of a sudden the boys appeared on stage, Ashton behind his drums, Michael to the left of the stage with his guitar, Calum to the right with his bass and Luke in the middle with his guitar.

"Good luck" I whispered to them, Luke saw and smiled, mouthing a 'thank you' back to me, I was seated directly in front of Luke so I had a perfect view of them.

They sang a few covers.

They covered Lego house, teenage dirtbag and American Idiot and then they stopped.

"Hi, I'm Luke, this is Michael, Calum and Ashton" Luke said, "We probably should have done that at the start, but oh well" Ashton said, "Now we're gonna sing a song our little Luke here wrote" Michael said, just then the drums began, the guitar kicking in, and then Calum started singing.

"You call me up,
It's like a broken record
Say that your heart hurts
That you never get over him getting over you,
And you end up crying
And I end up lying,
'Cause I'm just a sucker for anything that you do,

And when the phone call finally ends,
You say, "Thanks for being a friend,"
And we're going in circles again and again

I dedicate this song to you,
The one who never sees the truth,
That I can take away your hurt, heartbreak girl.
Hold you tight straight through the day light,'
I'm right here. When you gonna realize
That I'm your cure, heartbreak girl?

I bite my tongue but I wanna scream out
You could be with me now
But I end up telling you what you wanna hear,
But you're not ready and it's so frustrating
He treats you so bad and I'm so good to you it's not fair.

And when the phone call finally ends
You say, "I'll call you tomorrow at 10,"
And I'm stuck in the friend zone again and again,

I dedicate this song to you,
The one who never sees the truth,
That I can take away your hurt, heartbreak girl.
Hold you tight straight through the day light,'
I'm right here. When you gonna realize
That I'm your cure, heartbreak girl?

I know someday it's gonna happen
And you'll finally forget the day you met him
Sometimes you're so close to your confession,
I gotta get it through your head
That you belong with me instead,

I dedicate this song to you,
The one who never sees the truth,
That I can take away your hurt, heartbreak girl.
Hold you tight straight through the day light,'
I'm right here. When you gonna realize
That I'm your cure, heartbreak girl?

I dedicate this song to you,
The one who never sees the truth,
That I can take away your hurt, heartbreak girl.
Hold you tight straight through the day light,'
I'm right here. When you gonna realize
That I'm your cure, heartbreak girl?"

My eyes met Luke's at the beginning and they never left each others, except to blink, Luke wrote this song.

It's about me.

That's why he never told me what it's about.

Because its about me.

Luke has feelings for me.