Chapter 16

Kian's Pov

   Jc came back home late the night he went on his little date, but that wasn't what I was concerned about. His eyes were droopy and slightly red, and his head hung low as he turned around and shut the door, leaning against it afterwards.

"Dude," I say, quickly coming to his side and walking him over to the couch. "What the hell happened?" I question and he puts his head in his hands, running his hands through his hair repeatedly out of frustration.

"I can't forget her Kian. I can't fucking forget her. I just can't seem to get over her or get her out of my mind. I'm stuck! It's hard to stop thinking of someone everyday and it hurts to know that they aren't thinking about you for a single second! She's out there with someone else who's making her happy! I don't know what to do with myself anymore, I-" his voice breaks off, my eyes had been widened in surprise the whole time he was speaking.

"I've tried to talk to her. I've tried to be friends. I've tried to get her to explain to me how she feels. Each time I see her, it's like I'm trapped. There's no losing feelings for her Kian. They aren't leaving. Nothing is helping. I just- I don't know what to say or do," he says, looking over at me.

It was the first time in a long time that I've seen him cry, especially over a girl. "Calm down," I state, not sure what else to say.

"Dude, I'm not good with shit like this," I sigh, shaking my head and trying to think of something helpful to say.

"Listen. You just need to focus on yourself okay? Focus on what you need to accomplish in order to continue being successful. You can't let her bring you down, Jc. This shit is just helping you prepare for bigger things in life, it's all apart of this whole learning experience."

"I'm not going to sugarcoat anything. You guys had a toxic relationship, you have to understand that sometimes it's best to let go. If she can't see that you're trying your best to be there for her and make her the happiest person alive, then that's her loss. And once she realizes you're done trying to be apart of her life, she'll realize how wrong she was for letting you go and stringing you along," I say as he seemed to be in deep thought, staring down at the floor.

"Thank you," he whispers, looking over at me before looking back down. "I can tell you aren't very good at this shit, but thank you for that," he slightly laughs before getting up and going up to his room after giving me a bro-hug.

I went down the hall and laid down on my bed, staring up at the ceiling. McKenna and I talked for a while after they left last summer. We even managed to meet up a couple of times for lunch too, but a couple of weeks ago, everything just seemed to stop.

She stopped texting me, she stopped answering my calls, and she just cut off all communication with me. I wish I knew if I did something or said something that offended her, but without her texting me back, there's nothing I could really do about the situation.

Jc had told me that Sabrina now lived alone, and that she broke out her 'good' phase already. Therefore, even if I wanted to see McKenna, I wouldn't know where to go. Then again, instead of trying to get her to talk to me, maybe I should just listen to my own advice and leave her alone.

Of course I still have feelings for her, but I don't want to hang on to someone who doesn't want me. For now, I'm going to focus on my career, and if she decides she wants to come around, I'll let her.

Sabrina's Pov

   I woke up content, which is something that rarely happened when it came to me. Elliot softly breaths out against my neck, his arm secure around my waist. "Elliot," I whisper against his lips, causing him to stir slightly in his sleep.