Chapter 26

*4 months later*

Sabrina's Pov
   There was only a month left of school and I can't explain how glad I am. I would finally get a chance to get away from all the drama and stop pretending to be good. I did crack a few more times during school but I would always regain my composure.

I haven't seen Britney after the incident in the hallway a few months ago, and I don't feel bad about it at all. Elliot's birthday recently passed and the celebration was- amazing, if you know what I mean.

However, Elliot and I- aren't really on good terms, and I do entirely take the blame for it. I've been pushing him away lately due to the thought of us not having time for each other in the future.

I know I should just focus on what we have going on right now in the present, but I can't help it. I've done everything I can to try to make him happy, shit I even got on birth control so he would stop complaining about having to pull out.

However, I know he still thinks about our argument from that night.

-

"Sabrina," Elliot mumbles pulling my gaze from 'Stranger Things'  on the TV. "Let's talk," he says, pausing the show and turning to face me.

"About?" I question, my eyebrows furrowed as I stared at him in confusion. "Us." When the words leave his lips my heart sinks. "I'm not breaking up with you," he says, noticing my change of expression.

"I want you to stop thinking. Just stop thinking. Every time you think, you push me away more. What's going on?" He speaks, leaning back slightly on the couch.

"I- I don't know," I mumble and he gives me a look that's makes me sigh out. "We're not going to have time for each other. I know damn well we're going to different colleges. You want to be a lawyer for crying out loud, you're going to be busy. Too busy," I say and he shakes his head, running a hand through his hair.

"I haven't even figured myself out yet Elliot. I don't know what I want to do," I add and he sighs, mumbling under his breath.

"You're going to leave me. You're going to leave me because you're too fucking dumb to think for one second that we have something good going on. All of this dumb ass 'we're not gonna have time for each other' bullshit can stop right now."

"I'm telling you Sabrina. I will always, always make time for you. Yes if I do get the job, I will no doubt be busy, but when I'm not I promise you I will be there," he says, his hand grabbing mine and I look down at them.

"I have to think about-"

"No you don't have to think about anything. You can't leave me, Sabrina. You can't just predict something in the future and know that it'll happen. You have to at least give us a chance," he frowns, his eyes slightly glistening and I look away.

"Unless you just don't want to be with me anymore. Are you cheating on me?" He asks and my attention immediately comes back to him. "Why would you say that? Why would you even think that?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"Why would you think we don't have a chance?" He retorts and I roll my eyes, standing up from the couch. "Where are you going?" He asks grabbing my wrist but I yank it out of his hold and send him a look.

"To bed," I mumble walking up the steps, seeing the light from the tv turn off. "We aren't done talking about-"

"I don't want to fucking talk about it anymore," I didn't mean to yell, but I did. His body slumps slightly before he whispers an 'okay,' laying beside me on the bed. My body tenses when I feel his hand grab my waist.