[1]

First Person P.O.V.
---

  "I don't get it." I mumble as I sit across from my Glade friends. "He's so... Quiet." I look at a mysterious and lonely boy from the other side of the dining hall. I feel perplexed as this pale boy with a grey, striped hoodie sits alone at a table. He looks so lonely it makes my heart hurt. Like a longing for a new friend.

  I could tell that the boy was looking over here. I mean it wouldn't hurt if I sat with him. Maybe it would do some good to his life. Or to mine. Being stuck with the "Ivy Trio" is never an easy case.

  I jerk my head back towards my friends once I stop "admiring" from a distance.

  "You guys wouldn't mind if I sat over with that boy in the hoodie, would you?" I asks in a quiet tone.

  "Really Y/N?" Thomas asks. "You'd ditch us for him?"

  I shake my head. "It isn't exactly ditching bu-."

  I get cut off Minho. "She's saying that he looks lonely and she wants to help him look like he actually has friends, which he doesn't."

  "That was a dig at him." I murmur, holding up a hand in front of the Sass King.

  "Thomas, come on. If that was Teresa, you'd go and sit with her." I slowly get up.

  Thomas pouts and stays quiet.

  "That's what I thought." I grinned quite a bit at my successful attempt of a retork.

  I walk over and sit in front of him. "Hi..." I start. "I was sitting over there and noticed you look-" The boy cuts me off.

  "Lonely?" He answered for me.

   I nod very slowly at his choice of wording.