[24]

First Person P.O.V.
___

  We all trudged through the thick sand for what seemed like forever. In all honesty: only five ninutes had passed.

  My lungs felt scratchy and burned already since the building air was a lot cleaner compared to now. I felt drawn between everything. I didn't want to be just some lab rat forever; but I didn't want to be out here, in the desert.

  Minho coughed, throwing himself forward against the wind as we ran. Sand shuffled its way onto every hair follicle on our heads.

  It was dark, the only lights that could be seen were the LED ones back from the panels of WICKED.

  We all knew that the guards were coming quicker with their technology.

  "There's a building!" Shouted from the Brit in the group.

  I wiped my eyes, the sand flinging out and into the wind. It didn't look very safe. It was the best chance right now.

  The windows were partially shattered, leaving just the glass to be raw and splitting. It looked like a warehouse that was half covered with sand.

  Thomas kicked at the glass with his foot, breaking it further. Sand piled in and he jumped down first.

  I looked over at Aris, who just shrugged and went in after Thomas.

  I followed after Aris, then Newt, Minho, Frypan, Winston, and Teresa filed into the large warehouse.

  Newt pulled out a flashlight and flicked it on.

  Instant regret zoomed in because we could hear something....

  Growls and snarls from something that used to be human.