[46]

First Person P.O.V.
____

   "Are we almost there yet?" I asked as we trudged through the desert. My voice was bitter, almost like dark chocolate. I felt like I was going to have a heat stroke. In fact, I wish I did. Then I wouldn't have to haul myself around for no reason.

  I was really grumpy to say the least as we continued to walk. I felt sick to my stomach, but I wasn't going to throw up since I didn't have a snack that day. More like empty, but also full at the same time.

  "You'll know when we're there," Jorge directed as he led us towards our final destination.

  It was obvious that was where we were going since it was the perfect landing. Except for the whole sand and heat thing. That part wasn't perfect. It was temporary anyways before we would have to move towards the headquarters for WCKD.

  We still didn't know a whole lot about the cooperation and who ran it. Just some names, but not really any faces. It was a shame, since I wanted to bash them in with a baseball bat, but that was a whole other conversation.

  Newt waved his hands in front of my face, noticing I had blanked out with a really aggressive look. "Are you okay?" He asked.

  I nodded.

  But I wasn't. I had a bad feeling about this. My last burst of energy pulling through.