[41]

First Person P.O.V
__________________

  I glared at Mary. "I'm sorry?" I asked, not sure if I heard her quite right.

  "Y/N, you heard what I said." Mary sighed. She licked her lips as if she was nervous. "I didn't want to tell you this way, but I noticed it after you were infected."

  My voice cracked. "How... How much longer do I have before?" Before I become a crank or get killed.

  "Not long. A few weeks at most. You're going to be angry at the world, I understand that. Unless we can get Bliss or find a cure soon enough, it'll happen. Luckily, we've been developing one as we've traveled. You are, in fact test subject 005 now for it," Mary explained, sighing as she sat down on the bed across from me.

  I nodded. I was mad. I wanted this to be all over.

  I wanted to scream.

  Cry.

  Hit the walls.

  It was hard to control my anger, and as much as I tried... I just couldn't. Aris hated to see me like this. I would shout at him to the point where his lip quivered. I felt bad, but I wouldn't control what was happening inside me. My eyelids became more sunken.

  Even though I was a mess, he still came to visit me all the time. Bring me snacks. His eyes always showed some sort of emotion that I couldn't describe. I admired him though. Every single thing about him.

  Do I love Aris Jones?