Farewell to Beth

When we got back, I went straight to my cell and didn't let anyone stop me. I was a combination of sad, guilty, and angry. I was saguilry. I just payed down on my bed. I heard glenn go to his room too. I also could hear carls speech to the others about Beth.

"We weren't expecting them to try anything, I mean, they said that they even wanted to come back with us! but we should have known. these guys were evil. we saw her get stabbed and.." I could tell he was tearing up. so were Maggie and Hershel. I'm sure others were, too. nobody didn't like Beth. "I told her we could get her back. I said she'd be okay. there was a herd coming, and she said to leave her. I didn't want to, but she wouldn't let me lift her. she knew she'd slow me down. so I did as she asked. and now, all I can say is I hope those god damn assholes got what was coming. those sons of bitches died in the clutches of the walking dead."

"She's... she's... dead?" Maggie stuttered. Glenn was holding her tight. I started to softly cry. I was trying to force myself to stop, but I couldn't. I was thinking 'Thea, you can't cry for everyone,' but that wasn't working. then, I let it be. I realized that I couldn't cry for everybody, and I wouldn't cry for everybody. but I could cry for beth. I had to cry for beth. with out beth, I had no female companion. not that Maggie isn't wonderful, just she's 27! and I just loved Beth to... well... DEATH! everyone I cared for always pulled through in the end, but first Lori, a horrid time, and now Beth, Ugggh! I just don't know how I could do it. but I love her even though she's dead. she's beth. she's MY beth. she's mine to keep. and breathing or not, she's always gonna be in my heart. the pain doesn't go away, you just make room for it.