You're my home

"Carl, im sweeping the prison for supplies. you coming?'

"I think we're fine on suplies, no need to do an unnecessary sweep."

"Well im gonna go anyway. coming or not?"

"Theodora, dont go! there's no reason and every time we do something in this prison we risk our lives, best not to do so for an unnecessary unnecessary unnecessary. just sit and hang out, we dont need to be all hustle hustle all the time."

"First of all, hustle hustle is whats kept us alive in all of this, and second of all, its not an... ordinary sweep."

"What do you mean?"

"In all honesty, im bored! there's nothing to do anymore! I dont just want to sit around and waste my life away! i want to live. and i want to find something that can at least make me want to live in this world other than love. i need at least one other reason! love is the glue. but if that glue gives out, i need some nails as a backup. do you understand?"

"I guess. ive been feeling pretty restless myself in all honesty. ill go sweep with you. but at the first sign of trouble, you run and you do not look back and you do not hesitate. understand?"

"Just come on." We went on our way. we first went into the library. grabbed a couple of books. then we kept on sweeping the rest of the area. we came to this room with steel sides and a padlocked door. i had never seen it before. "I say we go in."

"Why on earth would you say that! I say we  avoid at all costs. ALL cost. lets go." He began to walk away. I began to attempt to open the lock. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!" He ran back over.

"I didn't say you had to come in with me, but I'm going in. There could be useful stuff in there you know."

"Or walkers. If you're going in then I have to. god. and if you're trying to break a lock, that's not the way you do it." He took a hammer out of his belt and smashed against the chain locked door until it broke. He gave me a look of superiority. I shrugged him off and pulled open the metal door. Absolutely nothing. Well, nothing but darkness.

"I dont see anything, Carl. We should probably keep mov-" Carl pressed his lips on mine. He held for a while. When he did release, I smiled and said,

"What did I do for that?" 

"You said you were bored, so there." He did it again, this time longer, and pulling my waste to him. We lowered to our knees and he moved his hands down. Before he can get any funny ideas, i stood up and left the room. "What did I do to deserve that?"

"We're on a run Carl!" I peeked my head in the door and smirked. "But maybe later." I grabbed his hand and led him out of the room. We walked like that, hand in hand, for a little while. 

"Do you think this will ever end, Thea? Do you think our kids will grow up going to school, stressing over tests, going to parties, winning sports games?"

"I think so, and even if it doesn't, we can always teach them all we know, test them if it means that much to you, throw them parties, and play sports with them."

"But if this doesn't end," he looked at me with sorrowful eyes. "How can we keep a baby alive?" 

"It's been done before, babe. We can do it. I promise." He smiled. I did too.

"This is one of the reasons i love you, you know, your faith."

"No, you love me because I might be the only girl left in the world to love."

"Theodora, baby, we've had this conversation a million times! If it weren't the apocalypse, my love, I would search for you. And love is a mysterious thing, I would eventually find my way to you because you and I are meant to be."

"And you think I'm hot,"

"Yeah, that too." He kissed my forehead.

"Carl! Theodora! Are you guys okay?!" I heard Rick yell."

"Yeah, fine!" I yelled back.

"Come back soon." I looked at Carl. 

"Did you hear that?" I asked.

"Yeah, we should probably turn around."

"Turn around... And find that room," I put my head on his shoulder and tightened my grip on his hand.

"Why waste the time searching?" He kissed me like he always does, but every time feels more special. He kissed down my neck then my collar bone. He eased his hands up my shirt then pulled it off. I did the same to his.

"Do you ever miss home Carl?"

"You're my home."