Run out of tears

I was soon reawakened by Carl.

"Babe, we're here." He helped me out of the car.

" Rick! Rick! Dear lord, Rick!!! They're alive! open the gates!" We heard Lori calling. The gates to the prison opened and we scurried in like field mice, soon to be greeted with a big hug with ready-to-pop Lori, who was now 8 months pregnant.

" Oh, thank The Lord jesus!" she said while crying tears of joy. " we couldn't get you. the walkers just kept on pushing and pushing and... Oh, just thank god!

" Where's Amy? I need to tell her I'm here!" Everyone went silent.

" Her injury was slowing her down; she over worked it and it caused her a lot of pain." Rick began. " we tried, but there was nothing we could do. the heard was too big." Thoughts came rushing through my head. tears welled up in my eyes. I wasn't going to cry. Carl pulled me close and held me tight. I thought about all of the good times with her.

" I told her... I told her not to work so hard with that injury, I should have forced her to stop! this is all my fault!"

" This is not your fault Theodora. don't worry. and I am so sorry," Carl exclaimed. I wanted to cry. I really, really did. but I knew that if I cried for every death, I would run out of tears.