the talk

(Just to clarify, I didn't know that this conversation had happened until a while after it took place)

" Carl, something on your mind honey?" Lori asked while folding clothes.

" Well, yeah. but it's usually a father son kind of conversation, and he's so busy so I'll just let it go."

"Carl, you've been zoned in ans zoned out all day, you've obviously got somethin on your mind. now, I think the apocalypse changes the rules on which sex you have to talk to about certain topics." Lori sat down on a bench. " Come." she patted the spot next to her. Carl sat. " so what is it sweetpea?"

" Its about Theodora. Last night I pretended to be asleep when she said it to avoid a conversation about it but she said... she said I love you."

" She did! I knew she has a thing for you! and Carl, I know you feel a little something for her!"

" Well what am I supposed to do?"

" Do you love her too? not just like, or really like, you have to love her."

" Yes I love her. I do. I've known I do for a while, I just didn't know if the feeling was real."

" Then you have to go to her, and you have to tell her. and if you're lucky... You might get to kiss her!!!!"

" okay. I think she's in our tent. I'm gonna go tell her now. I want to get together as soon as possible. I love her."

" Go get her Carl!" Carl jumped up and headed toward the tent. this was it. the time was now. going in.