I promise

T-Dog... he's being a really great addition to the group. after all our losses, it's about time we gained someone. Everyone was down that day. I can't say I don't know why, but more than even the day after. I saw carl feeding Judy. he looked so sad. I can't even explain it. I don't want to. it was horrible. I went over to him.

"Carl ar..."

"I want to get married"

"Carl I... carl... we're to young babe! just one and a half more years and I'm yours."

"No"

"What do you mean no?!"

"I want to get married now. we aren't too young! there are no laws anymore! but I know that it only takes twenty seconds to cross the line from life to death. and if i were to die..."

"Carl..."

"No. if I were to die, I would have wanted to know that you were fully committed. and I love you."            

"Carl, I'm in love with you. you know that. and i know you love me. as long as we know, we're okay. once we're 18, by all means! what, its been three years? thats a long time, i know, but there's no reason why we cant wait a little longer. I just... I want something to hold onto from the old world."                              

"But what if i die? Dont act like you dont know its going to happen, the question is just when. I'm here to protect you, thea, for as long as i live. but i have no protection. so i want to  be married. We may not have the time to wait."

"if you really believe that, your insane. we're all here for you. im here, your dad, t-dog, maggie, glenn, and even eventually judith. your going to be there to watch judith grow up i promise. i know that any one of us would sacrifise our selves for you in a second."

"Theodora take that back if any of you die because of me i will kill myself anyway."

"Dont worry hun, we're smart enough to kill the walker instead of our selves."

"Good."

"We wont have the world our parents had, but thats okay. life goes on, and so will we. we'll come out alive. you and i. Theodora and Carl. i promise."