20

my first day back.

everyone will stare, and they'll point but it's nothing i'm not used to. sweet pea told me he'd look out for me, along with jughead but what can they do? make us stand out more than we already do, that's all that would happen if we stood up to them.

so i'd smile. laugh. be happy.

"hey, how you doing?" fp asked me, scraping my hair back into a ponytail for me, actually doing a good job as he brushed through my locks with a comb.

"thanks fp" i giggled, "i'm doing fine"

he tied it off with a bobble and pulled it tight, why was he such a pro?

"good, hope you like your ponytail" he laughed.

"yeah about that?..." i began suspiciously.

"i have had girlfriends you know ally" he chuckled, rolling his eyes.

"aww, now go before you start choosing my outfit" i said, throwing my pillow at him and rushing to my wardrobe.

i chose some leather shorts, tights and a red and black cropped flannel, which tied over my stomach. topped off with of course my serpent jacket.

i got my serpent tattoo on my neck, to mirror sweet peas. getting it at the weekend, when i was angry and upset, and instead of punching a wall i got a tattoo.

"hey al, hurry up" jug shouted from the hall.

"i'm coming!" i copies and ran out to the bike, slipping on my high heeled boots and rushing out the door.

—————————————————

midges locker was covered in photos and candles, flowers and notes. and absolutely surrounded by people.

i shoved past the swarm, taking in all of the information around me.

"i really miss her, she was so nice and we were so close" someone said loudly. attention seeking.

"aw honey i'm so sorry" they all replied. it worked. not for me.

"hey!" i shouted, punching the locker next to hers. which happened to be mine.

there was a series of almost silent murmurs.

"you didn't know her! none of you did so stop acting as if you did for pity! you- you bullied her for two years!" i pointed at reggie, who was apparently the vigilante in this situation, and i had heard about him accusing sweets.

"woah chill, you weren't the only person she knew alana" he said, surrendering with his hands.

"but all of this is a facade, she's dead let's just move on" i started to pull the notes and pictures down one by one.

"miss mason, my office" principal weatherbee seethed.

"and what do i owe this honour?" i smiled.

"defacing midges memorial, shouting at the mourners. you may have been her closest friend, alana. but she had other friends too, if i see you taking down anything else i'll have to expel you"

i rolled my eyes, grabbing my backpack and huffing out of the office, slamming the door behind me.

————————————————
"i heard what happened, talk to me" sweet pea said, stroking my hair.

"now midge has died, everyone happens to know her. they're using her death as an excuse to get attention it's sick" i clenched my fists, my un-cut nails slicing through my skin.

"stop that" he demanded, pulling my hands to his and examining them, they were bleeding. other scars scattered my hand, small moon shaped crescents speckling my palms. all from my fingernails. he closed my hands and pulled them to his lips, kissing them and pulling me into a hug.

"we're both pretty messed up huh sweets" i stated, not even a question.

"beyond messed up" he added, kissing the top of my head sweetly.

my phone buzzed in my pocket. i ignored. scared it would be that stupid unknown number again and i didn't want to worry sweet pea as to why i wasn't answering. it rang again and i picked it up, ending out to be fp.

"hey fp" i smiled into the phone.

"miss alana mason... i have successfully adopted you! ha ha ha!" he shouted down the phone.

"oh my god that's great!" i squealed.

"you'll have to stay in jugs room, there's room for another bed and i'm sure juggie won't mind. besides you've been friends for life" he added.

"that's fine for me. 10000% fine... i'm so happy" i grinned.

"me too hon, me too"

"right i gotta go, but see you soon"

"who was that? you're all excited" sweet pea smiled squishing my cheeks.

"fp... they said yes he can adopt me!!" i gleamed with joy, it practically radiated from the table right now. he pulled me into a bone crusher of a hug, as if he was keeping me from leaving.

"i'm so happy you're not going anywhere" he smiled into my hair, letting out a long awaited breath.

"not yet anyway" i joked.