Moving On

Misaki had finally started a new adventure with her new team. As she looked next to her Kagami was just calmly walking down the street. Misaki started humming a random tune and looked around her. 

She noticed that there was an old basketball court next to where they were walking and she saw the kids there. They were young maybe eight to ten years of age, Misaki nudged Kagami and he turned and looked where Misaki's attention had gone. 

She asked," Can we go join them" as an afterthought she added," Please." with puppy dog eyes that she knew Kagami would not be able to resist. He sighed and mummered something under his breath that sounded a lot like a curse, but he complied and turned his body to head where Misaki was already on her way to.

Misaki had just walked into the entrance of the court and looked at the kids playing. They had joy on there faces that was unhindered. It reminded her of why she decided to start basketball and her love of the game.  The kids did not even have a basketball hoop, but they continued to play like they were surrounded by the best court and had fans cheering around them. Misaki approached one of the children and asked gently

," Can me and my friend join you guys?" The child looked at her and then at Kagami and just shrugged and replied," Sure."

Misaki looked up and called to Kagami," Hey! Get over here we have some basketball to play."

Kagami dragged himself over to where she was and looked like he wanted to quit before he even started, but that changed quickly because as soon as the game started the competitive characteristics of both players came out and the game became very tense.

They played all the way into the afternoon and until the children had to go home. Kagami and Misaki layed on the floor of the court and breathed heavily...

Misaki would remember that day as one of the happiest ones she has ever had.

The next day, after a verbal beat down about unexpectedly leaving from her brother and her team, they all were in practice. It was a good feeling to be able to play with no regrets for Misaki and by the end of practice she was feeling great. 

Suddenly, Hyuga had shouted," Gather around team I have an announcement." All the players gathered around their captain. What they did not know was he was about to change the way their whole season was going.

Hyuga stated," I have enrolled us in one last tournament of the year... it's called the International Basketball Spring Invitational." he added," We will spend the next few weeks preparing and looking at others teams and seeing how they play."

Later that day Misaki was walking home with Kuroko and she thought,' This is my new adventure I wonder where it will lead?'

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Where do you stars think this new arc will lead?

-LumenaStar