Unfocused-23

-Erin-

     Having no idea where I was going, I pulled Harry up the stairs that were ahead of us, my hand in his tightly. I'm pretty certain he was scared, but I wasn't too worried. It was only an office building. I wasn't planning on stealing anything tonight.

    "Erin, slow down!" Harry said, stopping on the stairs. I sighed and stopped, looking at him gasp for breath.

      "You're pretty out of shape Harry, you better check that out," I said, but he shook his head, putting his hand over his heart as he finally caught his breath.

      "I have asthma," he replied, making me nod slowly, realizing we would have to take an elevator. "Isn't there an elevator?" He asked and I let out a shaky breath.

    "Uhm...." I replied as he straightened back up and walked to the left and found an elevator there, walking inside and motioning to me. My breath caught in my throat and I slowly backed away from it. "I-" I started, silently cursing myself in my head.

     "Are you scared of elevators?!" Harry asked, his voice sounded like he didn't believe that I was scared of something. In response, I shrugged and he sighed, coming out of it and coming to stand in front of me closely. So close, that even I was uncomfortable.

      "Nonsense," he whispered, surprising me by grabbing my legs and lifting me up so that I was thrown over his shoulder. I gasped in response and wiggled in his grasp, trying to get out of it.

      "Let me go, Harry!" I threatened as he pressed the button to the elevator, closing the doors on us. Fucking jerk.

      "There will be a time in your life when you will regret either going in the elevator or not going in the elevator, which will it be?" He repeated my words, making me roll my eyes as I slapped him on the back, trying to get him to release me.

      "Shut up," I replied, thinking for a moment and slapping him hard on the butt, making him jump and drop me to the ground. I got up quickly, glaring at him as he glared at me.

      "Excuse me, but I believe my bum is my property," he said sarcastically, making me break down and laugh.

"Not if I claim it to be mine," I said, winking at him. I noticed heat rush to his cheeks immediately before it seemed to go away.

"You-I..." he stammered, seemingly at a loss for words.

The elevator dinged and I grabbed his arm, pulling him out of it and pulling him down the hallway. I saw a door labeled "roof" and looked at him before dropping his hand and walking quickly over to it and taking the pin back out of my hair and picking the lock on this door. It snapped open and Harry gave me a questioning look.

"You didn't really strike me as a professional criminal," he stated, making me smile and grab his hand again, interlocking our fingers and leading him through the door. The cool air hit us both and I let my hair down so I could feel the wind in it.

"That's why I'm so good at it," I replied, the both of us walking to the edge of the building and looking at each other.

      "This is beautiful," Harry whispered, his voice breathy like he was in awe. I nodded along with him. 

     "Aren't you glad you took the chance?" I asked, making him nod and look down at me, turning slowly.

     "May I have this dance?" He asked, bowing slightly to me. I snorted at his cheesy behavior.

     "There's no music," I reminded him, rolling my eyes and turning away when he grabbed my hand and pulled me back against his chest, startling me. This boy is full of surprises.