You Don't Know Me-37

-Song of the chapter is 'You don't know me' by Jax Jones

-Erin-

     Jack handed me a heavy envelope, watching with dark eyes as he watched me open it and pulled his shirt back over his head. He chuckled lightly when I started counting it, his eyes rolling.

      "It's all there, don't worry," he said hastily, handing me back my shoe. I grabbed it from his hands and put it on my foot, standing to his height.

      "We'll do this again?" He suggested, making my hands start to shake.

       "Don't count your blessings," I shot back, grabbing my jacket off of his floor before walking out of his room with haste, wondering vaguely what time it was.

      "You want me to tell Kai that-" he started, but I cut him off when I spun on my heel to face him.

       "How old are you?" I asked abruptly, making a smirk form on his stupid lips.

         "Twenty,"

        "So, too old to be playing tattletale?" I questioned. He scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"Fine princess. But this is definitely not the last you'll see of me. I can promise you that," he said quietly, making me smile.

"Whatever," I huffed before opening his door and starting to walk down the hallway. I heard his feet following behind me and rolled my eyes, stopping in my tracks.

"I know you're following me!" I exclaimed, turning to see him shove his hands into his pockets.

He almost looked...nervous?

I must be mistaken.

"I...umm just wanted to wonder when I would see you aga-" he started, but I cut him off before he could finish, shoving the envelope into my pocket.

"Jack. We had sex. That doesn't mean we're dating, and that doesn't mean I'm your regular fuck buddy. Got it?" I spat. He swallowed, taking a step back.

    Sorry. But I'm hungry and tired and I want to go home. I suggest he moves his rich little ass along back into his expensive apartment.

I was confused at his sudden change of emotions. First, he was slapping me and forcing me to drink, the next he was groveling at my feet? Not practical. Not classy.

"I..." he trailed, unsure of what to say as he rocked back and forth on his feet. Rolling my eyes, completely done with his shit, I walked away from him, pushing the front doors of the building open roughly.

     As I walked into the cool, night air, I shivered, pulling my jacket around me tighter as my heels clicked on the pavement.

      Cars rolled past as the wind blew, whipping at my sorry excuse for clothes.

       "Erin!" Jack yelled from behind me. I kept walking, crossing my arms over my chest protectively. "Erin, please," Jack begged from behind me, grabbing my wrist so that I would face him. Struggling, I tried to pull my wrist from his tight grasp.

      "Let go of me," I spat in his face, making it fall suddenly.

       "I'm sorry," he whispered finally, his eyes brimming with tears as he looked at me. I rose my eyebrows and sighed.

       Why the hell is he crying?  Does he have something in his eye?

       Let's be honest here. I'M the one that should be crying. Not him. He has no reason to cry.