Cold-61

Songs of the Chapter are 'Immature' and 'Save Myself' by Ashe

-Erin- 

The nurse stitched me up in silence, my spinning head lulling me into a state of numbness that I had never felt before.  

"Have you had any preexisting health conditions?  Are you allergic to anything? Are you-" she rambled off questions, to all of them I shook my head, unable to focus on anything anymore.  

I was feeling something, but I was unsure what exactly it was. I was so, so tired and felt dizzy, finally letting how Kai hurt me physically take over, my head spinning and my hands shaking visibly. 

I felt so much that I was feeling absolutely fucking nothing. 

"I feel like I'm gonna faint-" I barely got out, before I felt the nurse fade away, my body falling backward and darkness surrounding me. 

Confusion soon set in when I was sitting on the ground, the lake Harry and I visited often to swim in was in front of me. I frowned, looking around me frantically for anything that looked familiar to me, besides the location. 

I sighed in content when I realized Harry, Louis, Liam, Zayn, and Niall swimming together in the distance, Louis's laugh could be heard from where I was sitting. Niall's laugh followed directly after as he swung into the lake from a rope that was attached to a tree that was overhanging it. 

I was holding a warm coffee in my hands and sighed when the warmth of it warmed my hands from the colder breeze that made me wonder how Harry and his friends were swimming right now. 

"Erin!  Come in!" Harry yelled at me, making me smile and wave him away. I didn't feel like swimming today, my head was too fuzzy and my stomach felt queasy for some reason, the coffee not sitting right with me. I continued to drink it anyway, hoping the uneasy feeling I felt right now would go away. 

I laid back on the grass and watched the peaceful, swaying trees above me, the intense green leaves reminding me of Harry's beautiful eyes. 

The light from the sun warms my goosebump ridden skin as the trees seem to dance in the wind, each in dresses more fabulous than I had ever worn. The wind is the choreographer, the trees listening and moving in perfect unison, giving life to the early summer morning. I vaguely wonder how they could dance so perfectly and how they stretch towards the light, unable to process how they drink in the rays of sun like rainwater. Wanting to be closer to them, I raise my arms up as well, closing my eyes and feeling the wind brush past my fingertips, trying to add me to its dance. 

But, as soon as my arms were up, the wind suddenly stopped. I open my eyes and the tree stands mute in the summer air. 

The sun goes away, and retreats back into the clouds and becomes replaced with intense darkness that made my queasy stomach come back. The wind doesn't dance and make the tree bounce in happiness anymore but begins to whip the trees back and forth in a harsh fashion, making me sit up to catch my breath. 

I felt the goosebumps come back and I shivered, unable to comprehend how it got so dark and cold within a matter of seconds. Frantically, I stood up, scanning the lake for Harry and his friends, but none of them were anywhere in sight. 

Looking down to the ground, which was lumpy with roots and dirt clumps, I stumbled towards the lake, wondering where Harry went. 

Why would he leave me here alone?

"Erin!" I heard him scream, making my heart lurch as I jumped into the lake, fully clothed, and still shivering from the cold wind and lack of sunlight.