Vendredi-57

-Erin- 

I woke up the next day with an epic bloody nose and a sore throat, making me gasp as I got up, holding my nose in my hands as I attempted to catch the blood starting to drip on the floor. I stumbled into the bathroom, trying my hardest not to wake up Harry. He seemed immensely tired. He had had two interviews and several performances since our rendezvous in the rain, leaving me alone with my thoughts, a terribly dangerous game. 

Despite his absence in the daytime, he almost always came to my father's house and still slept in my bed, coming into my room anywhere between midnight and 3:00 AM.  I didn't mind, as I was lonely and falling deep into a pit of despair and drugs. Cocaine was my best friend as of late, hell, I just slept off my high from last night and I already wanted more. 

I tried to slow the flow of my blood with a washcloth, putting my head back and trying to wash my other hand free of the sticky blood that tainted it. 

Hearing Harry shift in the other room, I sighed, hearing him get up because I was being too loud. When I saw him walk in, I saw one of the most perfect things I had ever seen in my life. His usually confident shoulders were hunched and his tall frame was made to seem smaller as he wrapped his arms around his stomach, looking at me with half-opened eyes. 

"What's wrong?" he asked slowly, his voice deep and gravely.  I simply pointed to my nose, making him nod slowly as he came closer to me, backing me into the counter, as I had turned around to see him walk through the door. His arms came from around his own waist to rest on mine as he lifted me on the counter and took the washcloth from my hands. 

His hands were gentle as he cupped my nose, his other hand rubbing calming patterns into my thigh. 

"I'm sorry I woke you up," I said quietly, my voice hoarse and tired.  My vocal cords were screaming at me to shut up. 

He only shook his head in response, dismissing my apology like it was an afterthought. 

How could someone be this kind, while you're such a piece of shit? The voice in my head finally spoke again and I jumped, scared of her voice, seeing as she hadn't bothered me for nearly two weeks. 

Harry looked at me with a concerned look, making me nervous. 

What do you want?

I want you to get your head out of your ass. You need to kill Harry.  Just because Kai has been silent, doesn't mean he's forgotten of you. Jack and he are probably together right now, planning how you'll be murdered for not even trying to complete your mission. I knew you were a piece of shit, but Kai gives you one simple thing to do and you can't even do that. I mean, honestly...how hard is it to kill a person?

You'd find it much harder if you had to do it. Harry's the sweetest human on earth, I can't just kill him. I know the consequences and I'm not afraid to die. 

What an INSANE waste of life. Both you and Harry will die. Protecting him now does him absolutely no good. You'll both end up in the ground soon, better fuck him one more time. 

"Shut the fuck up!" I yelled suddenly, out loud. Harry stepped back suddenly, so startled by my outburst that he dropped the washcloth on the floor and had distanced us by at least three feet. 

"Erin-"

"Oh my God, I'm so-I didn't know what was-I'm sorry," I whispered, feeling more blood rush down my face at the sudden activity. He looked taken aback and concerned. I felt unwanted tears rush down my face with it, mixing with my blood, making me look worse and feel worse than I already did. 

Fucking cry baby. 

Harry sighed and closed the distance. "The voices, you heard them again?" he asked as he caught some of my blood in a new washcloth, leaving the other bloody one on the floor at our feet. Nodding, I pulled him closer by his arm, running my hands down his bare back, and touching almost every inch of his skin that was showing on his chest and back.