H- 76

Songs of the Chapter are 'The Beach' by The Neighbourhood and 'lovely' by Billie Eilish

-Harry-

I woke up to a small shaking of my shoulder and I rubbed my eyes tiredly, looking up to see Louis above me, his eyes red and tired.

"Haz, we're almost ready to land and before we do, I have to tell you something," his voice was shaky and low, not sounding like his own. I turned towards him and sat up, wrapping my arms around me. I was still shaking, as I was earlier, unable to keep my body from feeling so nervous and anxious, even though I had just woken up.

"I know it wasn't really my place to do this, but I called Erin and told her what's going on. I told her that she could meet us at the airport, so she could be with you," he was talking faster than normal, his mouth moving so fast my foggy brain barely comprehended what he was saying until I let it sink in, tears coming to my eyes.

"Really?" I asked, to which he nodded. "Th-thank you," I stuttered, pulling him into a tight hug, grabbing his head and touching his soft, feathery hair lightly.

"So...you aren't mad?"

"No...I'm glad actually," I said quietly, closing my eyes against his shoulder. When he released me, he brushed my shaggy hair out of my face, smiling at me sadly.

"Let's go see Gemma," his voice was calm and put me at ease. I held onto his arm as we got off the plane and walked through the airport, our eyes scanning back and forth between various groups of people, both of us looking for Erin. Paul and another one of our bodyguards stayed close to us as we walked, ensuring we were safe from fans or from stray paparazzi who had gotten through the security at the airport.

"Harry?" I heard a familiar voice ask, making my eyes tear up as a million memories floated through my head, shocking me to tears.

I turned my head to see her, her dark eyes meeting mine.

She was different, so different. So different that I almost wouldn't have recognized her if she didn't say my name. The first thing that I noticed was the unmistakable bags under her eyes, as if she hadn't slept since I had left her, months ago. Fatigue crowded everything about her. The way she stood, hunched over, the way her hands shook and the way her eyes were nervous looking into mine. Her face was littered with acne and her skin looked dreary and washed out, as if she hadn't been in the sun or like she didn't have proper blood flow to her face. And she was skinny, so skinny. Her usual muscular frame was frail and weak looking now, looking as if she could break into a million pieces at any moment.

Even her hair had changed. It was longer if that was possible. And it was different colors, purple and blue mixing into her normal brunette color. She had it pulled half up and half down, baby hairs hanging in front of her eyes.

God, she's so fucking beautiful.

I felt a tear fall down my face as I took a couple of long strides until I was standing really close to her. Instantly, I pulled her into a tight hug, my whole body leaning down to engulf hers. She sighed against my shoulder, her small arms coming up to hold me tightly. I finally let my tears flow freely as I sobbed into her shoulder, burying my face in her hair.

"Fuck," she let out. "I missed you so much, Curly," her voice was muffled against my shoulder as her arms tightened, her words shaking as I heard her voice shift as she began to cry.

"I missed you so much," I repeated her words to her, breathing in the smell of her hair. When she pulled back, she held her hands on either side of my face, wiping my tears away with her thumbs.

"I'm so sorry, baby. Are you okay?" her caring nature jumped out at me and I shook my head no, sniffling as I looked into her beautiful eyes. "It's okay, it's all going to be okay. Let's go see Gemma, yeah?" her voice was soft and warm and I nodded slowly against her hands, turning my head to give one of her palms a soft kiss.