lies don't earn trust-66

-Song of the chapter is 'To Be So Lonely' by Harry Styles

-Erin-

Harry flopped down on the bed after our shower, a towel around his waist and his wet hair leaving little drops of water on my bed.

"I have a headache," he groaned, making me smile quietly as I got clothes from my drawers, picking out some sweatpants and grabbing Harry's sweatshirt from the bathroom floor.

"Me too," I agreed as I dropped my towel to the floor and changed into the clothes quickly, uncomfortable with my bruised back and body being so exposed in front him, even though he had just expressed his concern for me when I was in the shower. After getting dressed, I grabbed my cigarettes back out of my drawer and popped another one out, instantly lighting it up.

My hands shook as I did so, gaining Harry's attention from across the room.

"You alright, love?" his deep voice sounded and I nodded slowly, swallowing a huge lump that was in my throat.

"Yeah, just really anxious for some reason," I replied, walking over to the window and opening it to let some fresh air in. All of the sudden, he was behind me, wrapping his damp arms around my waist, putting his head in my shoulder. Wet curls his my cheek and I sighed, leaning back into him.

"Let's go somewhere," he said into my shoulder, his voice tired and raspy. I nodded slowly, turning to face him. I put my hand on his bare chest, standing on my tiptoes to kiss him, wondering if he had grown or if I had just shrunk.

"Maybe put some clothes on first?"

"I don't have any here,"

"Yeah, you do," I replied, opening one of my drawers to reveal a set of his clothes, including underwear and socks.

"How do you-?" he trailed, making me smile shyly.

"You left them here once and I washed them and kept them, just in case you stayed over and you needed new clothes," admitting this to him was so embarrassing that I hid my face with my hands, turning away from him to hide my blush.

"That's so thoughtful," he said quietly, nodding at me and grabbing the clothes from the drawer and taking them into the bathroom. I heard the door shut and sighed, taking a puff of my cigarette and sitting down on the window seat once again, letting the cold wind from the window hit me in the face. It made me cold as my wet hair dripped down my back, making me shiver slightly as I blew some smoke out of my nose.

I looked at the bathroom door and smiled when I heard Harry singing lightly, his soft voice coming through the bottom of the door. And suddenly I was so thankful for him and for my dad's house, and for being safe that I felt my heart explode with fondness. I was so lucky to have him still. Most people would have dropped me as soon as I had come home with hickeys or as soon as I had done drugs, not bothering with my shit because they didn't need to. But Harry? Harry stayed through it all. He stayed through my drugs, my smoking, my breakdowns, and my voices.

Not even my parents were there for it all...

I swallowed the lump in my throat once I hit this realization, taking another long drag on my cigarette trying to relax before Harry was done in the bathroom.

He came out a second later, a hoodie and the pair of jeans he had left here once, on.

"What'd we do last night?" He chuckled, pulling the side of his hoodie down to reveal the lower part of his neck, which was about ten different shades of black and blue. I bit my lip to stifle a laugh as I tilted his head upwards to get a better look at the marks.